HLA Adventure vs. Westfront PC

I have calculated the relative size of "HLA Adventure" to
"Westfront PC: The Trials of Guilder." (one of my other games)

The size differences are as follows:

HLA ADVENTURE
Rooms: 249 (includes hidden rooms)
Continents: 1
Objects: 75 (includes monsters)
Quests: 9 (includes side quests)
Puzzles: 4
Teleports: 3 (called 'portals')
Parlor games: 0

vs.

WESTFRONT PC: THE TRIALS OF GUILDER
Rooms: 1728 (includes hidden rooms)
Continents: 4
Objects: 218 (includes monsters)
Quests: 50 (includes side quests)
Puzzles: 12 (includes Inspector Funkydog)
Parlor Games: 5 (includes Captain Swiggle)

HLA Adventure is thus a smaller version of
Westfront PC without some of the parlor games
and fewer quests.

Paul

dunric@yahoo.com wrote:
> WESTFRONT PC: THE TRIALS OF GUILDER
> Rooms: 1728 (includes hidden rooms)
> Objects: 218 (includes monsters)
> Quests: 50 (includes side quests)
> Puzzles: 12 (includes Inspector Funkydog)
> Parlor Games: 5 (includes Captain Swiggle)

So there's an average of 1 object per 7.9 rooms? Wow. I've really gotta
try this again... ;/

<dunric@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> HLA ADVENTURE
> Quests: 9 (includes side quests)
> Puzzles: 4
>
> WESTFRONT PC: THE TRIALS OF GUILDER
> Quests: 50 (includes side quests)
> Puzzles: 12 (includes Inspector Funkydog)

How is it possible to have more quests than puzzles?

Kevin Venzke

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 15:02:42 GMT, Kevin Venzke scrawled:

> How is it possible to have more quests than puzzles?
>
> Kevin Venzke

"I want you to get the magic sword from the table for me, please."

--
http://www.rexx.co.uk

To email me, visit the site.

"Kevin Venzke" <stepjakk@yahooo.frr> skrev i melding
> How is it possible to have more quests than puzzles?

Random combat quests?

There are multiple versions of Westfront PC for various platforms:

There's the 1,728 room/50 quest mega-version for Windows/DOS

There's the 896 room/21 quest smaller-version for Windows/DOS.

There's the 80+ room/10 quest version for the Commodore 64.

There's the 48 room/?? quest version called "Mini-Westfront" for those
who just want to try out the basic game engine, and not much else.

And then there's HLA Adventure, which while not quite Westfrontish, is
close enough and has 249 rooms with 75 or so objects. Probably closer
to what the average gamer would play, hence it's increased popularity
on download.com:

63,849 downloads as of July 9, 2005 for Westfront PC: The Trials of
Guilder
45,271 downloads as of July 9, 2005 for The Magic Flute
34,793 downloads as of July 9, 2005 for HLA Adventure

And that's just on download.com. Winsite.com has all of these games
listed as well (32 of my games, to be exact).

Paul