Looking for a Gaming Laptop/Desktop Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logick

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
1_What is your budget?

below $2k

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

I would like around 17" but I will be attaching it to a 24" DVI monitor 95% of the time

3_What screen resolution do you want?

see #2

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

desktop replacement

5_How much battery life do you need?

not really an issue, it will be more of a portable PC than a latop.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

High settings

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)

programming, the net, music, movies, being on overnight

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

300+ GB I would like 2 HDD slots since i wish to replace the primary drive with a solid state drive once they become reasonably priced.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

no dell or alienware, xoticPC seems nice

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

3+ years

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.

blue tooth, wireless N, and preferably something that doesn't overheat all the time.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I have an Alienware ATM, it overheats all the time, I heard Dells are just as bad.
I hear nothing but good stuff for ASUS and Sager, so one of them I guess.

13_What country do you live in?

USA

Thanks!

Logick

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
hmm then my future plan for it won't do. I was looking at these two:
http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-n90sva1-p-2569.html
http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-n90sva2-p-2570.html

can't seem to find a difference between them. Also since they have no DVI, but an HDMI port, can I attach it to a DVI monitor and get a resolution higher than 1080p?(if the monitor supports it like 1920x1200)

Thanks

u said
"6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

High settings "

Dont expect that with ASUS N90

Status
Not open for further replies.