desktop background + posting 'keeping'

Read it somewhere in the forum but forgotten the exact location. Basically I
want to know how can I add my own pictures on the desktop background.

Secondly, how can I keep a copy of my posting and the replies from all the
expert. At the moment, I transfer it to Word, which at times, its very
tedious, TIA

Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000 is akin to bear skins and stone knives.

Do yourself a favor and setup a real newsreader.

Outlook Express came free with XP.

Use it.

You will later wonder why you didn't setup OE as your newsreader sooner.

MICROSOFT PUBLIC NEWSGROUPS
[[There are many valuable newsgroups on the msnews.microsoft.com server, on
nearly every available topic and in many different languages. Clicking the
links below will automatically create any necessary account configuration in
Outlook Express and take you directly to the newsgroup you have selected -
no complicated technical configurations are needed!]]
http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

Using Outlook Express To View Newsgroups
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2fdirectory%2fworldwide%2fen-gb%2fnewsout.asp

Viewing and Posting to Newsgroups
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/newsgroups.asp

Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader

Getting News from Newsgroups
Ignore this part ->> Access a newsgroup right from the Web.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/gettingnews.asp

Set Up Outlook Express
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/setup.asp

Mastering Newsgroups in Outlook Express: Power User Tips
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/newsgroups.mspx

Outlook Express newsgroups 101
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/IE/community/columns/newsgroups101.mspx

Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:E0F345FF-142B-4CAD-9276-18716CAB7D46@microsoft.com,
su su <susu@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

"su su" <susu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Read it somewhere in the forum but forgotten the exact location. Basically
> want to know how can I add my own pictures on the desktop background.
>
> Secondly, how can I keep a copy of my posting and the replies from all the
> expert. At the moment, I transfer it to Word, which at times, its very
> tedious, TIA

1.Place the jpeg of your choice in the following folder
C:\windows\web\wallpaper, then R\Click Desktop > properties > Desktop tab,
select your picture from the list. Check the properties of the
existing jpegs in the wallpaper folder EG 800X600 pixels.

2. If you use Outlook Express to read News Groups instead of the CDO
interface you will be able to save your own posts in the sent items
folder. Also you can create an hierarchy of folders to keep replies
from the post you wish to retain.

rgds
Li'l Roberto

I have set up Outlook Express 6.00 and subscribed to
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general and downloaded the messages. The funny
thing is it downloaded from the latest till 11th july, thereafter the next
on is 7th july. Just wondering why is it not downloading those 10th-8th july.
Furthermore I posted 2 different subject headings, but 1 of them posted on
the 11th was not downloaded . Is there any configuration that I need to do
here, please advice, TIA

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000 is akin to bear skins and stone knives.
>
> Do yourself a favor and setup a real newsreader.
>
> Outlook Express came free with XP.
>
> Use it.
>
> You will later wonder why you didn't setup OE as your newsreader sooner.
>
> MICROSOFT PUBLIC NEWSGROUPS
> [[There are many valuable newsgroups on the msnews.microsoft.com server, on
> nearly every available topic and in many different languages. Clicking the
> links below will automatically create any necessary account configuration in
> Outlook Express and take you directly to the newsgroup you have selected -
> no complicated technical configurations are needed!]]
> http://aumha.org/nntp.htm
>
> Using Outlook Express To View Newsgroups
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2fdirectory%2fworldwide%2fen-gb%2fnewsout.asp
>
> Viewing and Posting to Newsgroups
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/newsgroups.asp
>
> Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader
> http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
>
> Getting News from Newsgroups
> Ignore this part ->> Access a newsgroup right from the Web.
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/gettingnews.asp
>
> Set Up Outlook Express
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/setup.asp
>
> Mastering Newsgroups in Outlook Express: Power User Tips
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/newsgroups.mspx
>
> Outlook Express newsgroups 101
> http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/IE/community/columns/newsgroups101.mspx
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:E0F345FF-142B-4CAD-9276-18716CAB7D46@microsoft.com,
> su su <susu@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Read it somewhere in the forum but forgotten the exact location.
> > Basically I want to know how can I add my own pictures on the desktop
> > background.
> >
> > Secondly, how can I keep a copy of my posting and the replies from all the
> > expert. At the moment, I transfer it to Word, which at times, its very
> > tedious, TIA

Is that why you're still using X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
here, now?

Are you using msnews.microsoft.com as your News Server or are you using one
from your ISP? Like netnews.comcast.net for example.

OE |Tools | Options | Read tab | Under News, do you have Get 300 headers at
a time UNChecked?

[[If you want to download all headers each time you open a group, clear the
check box labeled Get 300 headers at a time.]]
Outlook Express newsgroups 101
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/IE/community/columns/newsgroups101.mspx

Check your View menu settings.

View| Current View| Show All Messages

View| Current View| Group messages by conversation

View | Sort By | Sent (the date)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes