How do you uninstall hotmail from win xp?

Hi, how do you unnstall hotmail from win xp?
thanks

More about uninstall hotmail

    I do not understand your question. There is not enough information. Windows XP does not
    by default come with an installed Hotmail account. One scenario is that you have
    configured Outlook Express for a Hotmail account. If that is the case, open Outlook
    Express, click the Tools menu, click Accounts, click the Mail tab, single click the
    Hotmail account to highlight it, click the REMOVE button. If the above does not apply to
    your problem, please supply more Information.
    --

    T.C.
    t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

    "shortstop643" <shortstop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, how do you unnstall hotmail from win xp?
    > thanks

    i have xp, and hotmail isnt part of xp, hotmail is part of msn, just dont go
    to msn
    --
    xp-pro,sp2,
    computer newbie

    "shortstop643" wrote:

    > Hi, how do you unnstall hotmail from win xp?
    > thanks

    Sorry but I really do not understand the question. If you are asking how
    to remove the account:

    If you wish to stop using the account, just stop using it. An account
    becomes inactive if you do not sign in for 30 days, or within the first
    10 days after signing up for an account. Once an account becomes
    inactive, all messages, folders, and contacts are deleted, but the
    account name is still reserved. If the account stays inactive for a
    further 90 days, it is permanently deleted.

    Alternatively, sign in to Hotmail using the account. Click Help, and
    then follow the instructions in the topic named "Close your MSN Hotmail
    account".

    Some people have set Outlook or Outlook Express up to read/send mail
    through that client. Recently that facility has been limited to
    subscribers. If that has been done on your machine, navigate to
    Accounts, select the account and select delete. The exact details depend
    on whether Outlook or Outlook Express is involved. If that is what you
    want to do, let us know which client has been used.

    Tom
    MSMVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "shortstop643" <shortstop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    : Hi, how do you unnstall hotmail from win xp?
    : thanks
    :
    :
    : --
    :

    Thanks
    a friend in ca, does not use the forums, so i posted for him, he wants to
    delete his hotmail account, he uses xp, i told him i thought the account
    became inactive after a period of inactivity, he just wanted to remove it?
    thanks

    > Thanks
    > a friend in ca, does not use the forums, so i posted for him, he wants to
    > delete his hotmail account, he uses xp, i told him i thought the account
    > became inactive after a period of inactivity, he just wanted to remove it?
    > thanks

    Remove it from where? Has he set it up in Outlook Express or Outlook? If so
    go to Tools-Accounts and remove the account. If he views Hotmail in Internet
    Explorer, then there is nothing TO remove - just don't access it and it will
    die naturally.

    HTH

    If you friend stops signing in to his Hotmail account, after 30 days all the messages are
    deleted. After another 90 days the account itself is deleted. If your friend wants to delete
    his account immediately, he can sign in to his account and then go to the Close Account page
    and follow the instructions.

    shortstop643 wrote:

    > --
    > Thanks
    > a friend in ca, does not use the forums, so i posted for him, he wants to
    > delete his hotmail account, he uses xp, i told him i thought the account
    > became inactive after a period of inactivity, he just wanted to remove it?
    > thanks
    >
    > "t.cruise" wrote:
    >
    > > I do not understand your question. There is not enough information. Windows XP does not
    > > by default come with an installed Hotmail account. One scenario is that you have
    > > configured Outlook Express for a Hotmail account. If that is the case, open Outlook
    > > Express, click the Tools menu, click Accounts, click the Mail tab, single click the
    > > Hotmail account to highlight it, click the REMOVE button. If the above does not apply to
    > > your problem, please supply more Information.
    > > --
    > >
    > > T.C.
    > > t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
    > > Remove [NoSpam] to reply
    > >

    > > "shortstop643" <shortstop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi, how do you unnstall hotmail from win xp?
    > > > thanks
    > > >

    > > > --

Hotmail Microsoft Windows XP