Win32 Services

Dear All,
When I started my pc this morning I've got this error message:
"Generic Host for Win32 Services
Error Signature
szAppName:svchost.exe
szAppVer :0.0.0.0
szModName:Unknown
szModVer :0.0.0.0
Offset :00000000"
There was only one button to click and that was "close".
Can some one plese help me and advice me what to do because I've got
no idea what this is all about.
My OS is Windows XP Pro SP2 AV is Norton2005 and Browser is IE6
TIA
jakis

Hi,

Take a look at this Microsoft article -
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821690

--
Best of Luck!
Jose Francisco

rights

"yakis" <yakisGenghis@empire.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
> When I started my pc this morning I've got this error message:
> "Generic Host for Win32 Services
> Error Signature
> szAppName:svchost.exe
> szAppVer :0.0.0.0
> szModName:Unknown
> szModVer :0.0.0.0
> Offset :00000000"
> There was only one button to click and that was "close".
> Can some one plese help me and advice me what to do because I've got
> no idea what this is all about.
> My OS is Windows XP Pro SP2 AV is Norton2005 and Browser is IE6
> TIA
> jakis

Hi Jose,
Thanks for the tip, I plugged in a microphone into the wrong socket.
Every thing is fine again, thanks for the help.
Regards,
jakis