Installation Woes

July 12, 2005 5:29:01 AM

Hi,

I have just bought a Gigabyte GA-85661FXM-775 motherboard and a 200GB IDE HDD.

I am trying to install Windows XP SP2 onto the computer however after the
initial installation the computer reboots and says that it cannot find an
operating system.

I have tried loading the drivers (F6) during installation but this does not
help. I have also checked that the motherboard is at the latest revision.

Any other ides?

More about : installation woes

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 12, 2005 6:21:02 AM

try repair install first

"mbrown" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just bought a Gigabyte GA-85661FXM-775 motherboard and a 200GB IDE HDD.
>
> I am trying to install Windows XP SP2 onto the computer however after the
> initial installation the computer reboots and says that it cannot find an
> operating system.
>
> I have tried loading the drivers (F6) during installation but this does not
> help. I have also checked that the motherboard is at the latest revision.
>
> Any other ides?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 12, 2005 12:48:13 PM

Is the hard drive truely an IDE?

Did connect it to the standard IDE port(s)? Not on any RAID ports?

!