Installation Woes

Hi,

I have just bought a Gigabyte GA-85661FXM-775 motherboard and a 200GB IDE HDD.

I am trying to install Windows XP SP2 onto the computer however after the
initial installation the computer reboots and says that it cannot find an
operating system.

I have tried loading the drivers (F6) during installation but this does not
help. I have also checked that the motherboard is at the latest revision.

Any other ides?
2 answers Last reply
More about installation woes

    try repair install first

    "mbrown" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have just bought a Gigabyte GA-85661FXM-775 motherboard and a 200GB IDE HDD.
    >
    > I am trying to install Windows XP SP2 onto the computer however after the
    > initial installation the computer reboots and says that it cannot find an
    > operating system.
    >
    > I have tried loading the drivers (F6) during installation but this does not
    > help. I have also checked that the motherboard is at the latest revision.
    >
    > Any other ides?

    Is the hard drive truely an IDE?

    Did connect it to the standard IDE port(s)? Not on any RAID ports?

    "mbrown" <mbrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have just bought a Gigabyte GA-85661FXM-775 motherboard and a 200GB IDE
    > HDD.
    >
    > I am trying to install Windows XP SP2 onto the computer however after the
    > initial installation the computer reboots and says that it cannot find an
    > operating system.
    >
    > I have tried loading the drivers (F6) during installation but this does
    > not
    > help. I have also checked that the motherboard is at the latest revision.
    >
    > Any other ides?

Computers Motherboards Windows XP