[SPAG] Announcements

Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction,rec.arts.int-fiction (More info?)

I'm proud to announce that issue #41 of SPAG is available at last. It's
a fine issue, containing the following:

REVIEWS IN THIS ISSUE

Bolivia By Night
Catseye
Conan Kill Everything
The Dreamhold
Faade
The Fire Tower
Heist
Moonglow
Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots
Wumpus 2000

Of course, the usual news, letters, and such are included as well. I'm
also a little sad to announce that this will be my final issue as editor
of SPAG. A number of circumstances have conspired to rob me of the time
and energy that I used to devote to IF, so it's time to hand over the
reins. However, I am very pleased indeed to announce that those reins
have been enthusiastically accepted by Jimmy Maher! Jimmy's done a lot
of good in the IF community in a relatively short time, and I look
forward to seeing the issues of SPAG he'll produce. Welcome, Jimmy.

As usual, subscribers have already been sent their copy, and #41 is also
available at the SPAG website, http://www.sparkynet.com/spag. In
addition, I've uploaded a copy to the IF Archive, where it should soon
find its home at:

ftp://ftp.ifarchive.org/if-archive/magazines/SPAG/SPAG41

Thank you for your contributions and support over the years, and as
always, thank you for helping to keep text adventures alive.

--
Paul O'Brian obrian@colorado.edu http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~obrian
SPAG 41, my final issue, has just been released. It's available at

tina

Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction,rec.arts.int-fiction (More info?)

"Paul Lee" a.k.a. "Andrew Plotkin"

? As a game in general, "The Dreamhold" raises the bar high, not just
as a
? tutorial. It builds up the player's trust by never failing to live up
? its high standards, and the result is great. You become the game's
? friend and feel it encouraging you in your difficulties and
delighting
? with you in your triumphs. At any rate, for beginners and advanced
? players alike, I recommend anyone the awesome glow of satisfaction
that
? comes from "The Dreamhold."

I see you're using a brand-new yahoo account.