Dumb question

How/where do I configure XP to allow multiple internet windows open. Each
time I go to a second site, the previous open site closes.

Thanks,

Jim Betts
14 answers Last reply
More about dumb question

    Tools/Internet Options/advanced tab uncheck reuse window

    some support

    "Jim Betts" <Jim Betts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    | How/where do I configure XP to allow multiple internet
    windows open. Each
    | time I go to a second site, the previous open site closes.
    |
    | Thanks,
    |
    | Jim Betts

    Thanks, Jim and thanks for the gov link.

    Jim Betts

    "Jim Macklin" wrote:

    > Tools/Internet Options/advanced tab uncheck reuse window

    > some support
    > http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
    >

    > "Jim Betts" <Jim Betts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message
    > | How/where do I configure XP to allow multiple internet
    > windows open. Each
    > | time I go to a second site, the previous open site closes.
    > |
    > | Thanks,
    > |
    > | Jim Betts

    The Constitution?

    I seem to remember something about that but they did away with everyone's
    rights here in Jersey long ago. Now with the Patriot Act, the rest of the
    country can experience having no rights also all in the name of feeling
    secure.

    No guns, no campfires, no drinking while fishing (don't laugh, it is illegal
    here) & no fun of any kind allowed. Violating any of these rules will land a
    heavy fine to help balance the state budget which was pilferred by our
    politicians who took our rights away for our own good.
    --
    That's just like my opinion, Man........

    In article <04CDEF7D-7914-46D7-B50D-CFD0995CFC7F@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-
    8?B?SmltIEJldHRz?= <Jim Betts@discussions.microsoft.com> says...
    > How/where do I configure XP to allow multiple internet windows open. Each
    > time I go to a second site, the previous open site closes.

    If you are talking about IE, then instead of clicking on the link, Right
    click the mouse button and select Open Link in New Window.

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    You're welcome. Hope that the report on the 2nd Amendment
    is useful to you.

    | Thanks, Jim and thanks for the gov link.
    |
    | Jim Betts
    |
    | "Jim Macklin" wrote:
    |
    | > Tools/Internet Options/advanced tab uncheck reuse
    window

    | > --
    | > some support
    | > http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
    | >

    | > "Jim Betts" <Jim Betts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in
    | > message

    | > | How/where do I configure XP to allow multiple internet
    | > windows open. Each
    | > | time I go to a second site, the previous open site
    closes.
    | > |
    | > | Thanks,
    | > |
    | > | Jim Betts

    The People's Republic of NJ may be the worst State. Even
    the State Police are now calling for ending the ammo
    registration law. But as my tag line says, all government
    sees the Constitution as an obstacle to be over-come. Be
    vigilant, pay attention to the history textbooks in the
    public schools, attend city council meetings and contact all
    your reps to ask their support for your positions.

    Maybe GW Bush will appoint Justices who think the
    Constitution IS the most important document for the USA.

    some support

    "uggabugga" <uggabugga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    | The Constitution?
    |
    | I seem to remember something about that but they did away
    with everyone's
    | rights here in Jersey long ago. Now with the Patriot Act,
    the rest of the
    | country can experience having no rights also all in the
    name of feeling
    | secure.
    |
    | No guns, no campfires, no drinking while fishing (don't
    laugh, it is illegal
    | here) & no fun of any kind allowed. Violating any of
    these rules will land a
    | heavy fine to help balance the state budget which was
    pilferred by our
    | politicians who took our rights away for our own good.
    | --
    | That's just like my opinion, Man........
    |
    | "Jim Macklin" wrote:
    |
    | > Tools/Internet Options/advanced tab uncheck reuse
    window

    | > --
    | > some support
    | > http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
    | >

    | > "Jim Betts" <Jim Betts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in
    | > message

    | > | How/where do I configure XP to allow multiple internet
    | > windows open. Each
    | > | time I go to a second site, the previous open site
    closes.
    | > |
    | > | Thanks,
    | > |
    | > | Jim Betts

    That works IF you have installed the Internet Tools/Web
    Tools (says for 5.5 but works fine with 6.x too)

    some support

    In article <OHGxfzyhFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, p51mustang[threeX12]
    @xxxhotmail.calm says...
    > The People's Republic of NJ may be the worst State. Even
    > the State Police are now calling for ending the ammo
    > registration law. But as my tag line says, all government
    > sees the Constitution as an obstacle to be over-come. Be
    > vigilant, pay attention to the history textbooks in the
    > public schools, attend city council meetings and contact all
    > your reps to ask their support for your positions.
    >
    > Maybe GW Bush will appoint Justices who think the
    > Constitution IS the most important document for the USA.

    In Columbus Ohio they just passed an Assault Weapons ban that is more
    restrictive than any I've read about - it makes most normal weapons
    illegal unless registered in the next 90 days.... What's really stupid
    is that the stats show that it will not have any impact on crime and
    only makes criminals out of the law abiding citizens - as the criminals
    they target are not going to register, will know that people don't have
    their weapons any more to defend their homes, and won't stop police
    officers from being injured. The sad thing is that my hunting rifle has
    more destructive power than the weapons they targeted and it's still
    legal! More dem's doing the wrong thing for the wrong reasons.

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    It should be remembered that the reason for the
    Revolutionary War in 1775 was the British Army marching out
    of Boston to Concord and Lexington to confiscate the arms
    held by the Patriots in the armories in those locations.
    Colonial British law required that stocks of powder and shot
    be held in government controlled warehouses (armories).

    Paul Revere and Richard Dawes left Boston after the "one if
    by land, two if by sea" signals from the North Church. That
    is why the Second Amendment was written as it was, to say
    keep and bear" so any law requiring central storage is
    unconstitutional.

    And yes, the 30x39 cartridge used by the AK47 is 20% less
    powerful than the old 30/30 deer ammo. But it isn't the
    power of the ammo, but the power (political) that being
    armed citizens creates. Crime is just an excuse since THEY
    can't cite slavery, race or station as the reason for gun
    control laws.

    The gun control laws in the South were written to disarm the
    slaves before and after the Civil War. In the North gun
    control was begun by Tim Sullivan, a leader in the Irish
    Five Points gang (New York) as a means to disarm the rival
    gangs. Then there was the move to disarm the new Eastern
    Europeans coming to the USA and worries about Communism in
    the 1920.

    some support

    | In article <OHGxfzyhFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>,
    p51mustang[threeX12]
    | @xxxhotmail.calm says...
    | > The People's Republic of NJ may be the worst State.
    Even
    | > the State Police are now calling for ending the ammo
    | > registration law. But as my tag line says, all
    government
    | > sees the Constitution as an obstacle to be over-come.
    Be
    | > vigilant, pay attention to the history textbooks in the
    | > public schools, attend city council meetings and contact
    all
    | > your reps to ask their support for your positions.
    | >
    | > Maybe GW Bush will appoint Justices who think the
    | > Constitution IS the most important document for the USA.
    |
    | In Columbus Ohio they just passed an Assault Weapons ban
    that is more
    | restrictive than any I've read about - it makes most
    normal weapons
    | illegal unless registered in the next 90 days.... What's
    really stupid
    | is that the stats show that it will not have any impact on
    crime and
    | only makes criminals out of the law abiding citizens - as
    the criminals
    | they target are not going to register, will know that
    people don't have
    | their weapons any more to defend their homes, and won't
    stop police
    | officers from being injured. The sad thing is that my
    hunting rifle has
    | more destructive power than the weapons they targeted and
    it's still
    | legal! More dem's doing the wrong thing for the wrong
    reasons.

    | --
    | --
    | spam999free@rrohio.com
    | remove 999 in order to email me

    Jim Macklin for President!

> [...]
    | that is more
    || restrictive than any I've read about - it makes most
    | normal weapons
    || illegal unless registered in the next 90 days.... What's
    | really stupid
    || is that the stats show that it will not have any impact on
    | crime and
    || only makes criminals out of the law abiding citizens - as
    | the criminals
    || they target are not going to register, will know that
    | people don't have
    || their weapons any more to defend their homes, and won't
    | stop police
    || officers from being injured. The sad thing is that my
    | hunting rifle has
    || more destructive power than the weapons they targeted and
    | it's still
    || legal! More dem's doing the wrong thing for the wrong

    Thanks, I need a job. But don't know if I'll still be alive
    in 2016. I expect that Condi Rice will be elected President
    in 2008 and re-elected in 2012. (She will be appointed VP
    in mid-November 2006 after the mid-term elections).

    She seems to be as smart as I am and much better looking.
    She came out on Larry King in support of the Second
    Amendment, she understands why it is a fundamental civil
    right.

    some support

    Jim Macklin wrote:

    > Thanks, I need a job. But don't know if I'll still be alive
    > in 2016. I expect that Condi Rice will be elected President
    > in 2008 and re-elected in 2012. (She will be appointed VP
    > in mid-November 2006 after the mid-term elections).
    >
    > She seems to be as smart as I am and much better looking.
    > She came out on Larry King in support of the Second
    > Amendment, she understands why it is a fundamental civil
    > right.

    She said she doesn't want to and will not run.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Yes, I know that, but I can hope.

    some support

    "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
    | Jim Macklin wrote:
    |
    | > Thanks, I need a job. But don't know if I'll still be
    alive
    | > in 2016. I expect that Condi Rice will be elected
    President
    | > in 2008 and re-elected in 2012. (She will be appointed
    VP
    | > in mid-November 2006 after the mid-term elections).
    | >
    | > She seems to be as smart as I am and much better
    looking.
    | > She came out on Larry King in support of the Second
    | > Amendment, she understands why it is a fundamental civil
    | > right.
    | >

    | She said she doesn't want to and will not run.
    |
    | --
    | Rock
    | MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
    > Jim Macklin wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks, I need a job. But don't know if I'll still be alive in 2016. I
    >> expect that Condi Rice will be elected President in 2008 and re-elected
    >> in 2012. (She will be appointed VP in mid-November 2006 after the
    >> mid-term elections).
    >>
    >> She seems to be as smart as I am and much better looking. She came out on
    >> Larry King in support of the Second Amendment, she understands why it is
    >> a fundamental civil right.
    >>

    > She said she doesn't want to and will not run.
    >
    > --
    > Rock
    > MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    If you know anything about women or pollies in general, you will know
    it's "their" privilege to change their minds <BG>

    rgds
    Li'l Roberto

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP