  • Configuration
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 12, 2005 11:37:03 AM

How/where do I configure XP to allow multiple internet windows open. Each
time I go to a second site, the previous open site closes.

Thanks,

Jim Betts

More about : dumb question

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 1:56:01 PM

Tools/Internet Options/advanced tab uncheck reuse window

some support

"Jim Betts" <Jim Betts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| How/where do I configure XP to allow multiple internet
windows open. Each
| time I go to a second site, the previous open site closes.
|
| Thanks,
|
| Jim Betts
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 1:56:02 PM

Thanks, Jim and thanks for the gov link.

Jim Betts

"Jim Macklin" wrote:

> Tools/Internet Options/advanced tab uncheck reuse window

> some support
> http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
>

> "Jim Betts" <Jim Betts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> | How/where do I configure XP to allow multiple internet
> windows open. Each
> | time I go to a second site, the previous open site closes.
> |
> | Thanks,
> |
> | Jim Betts

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 2:11:02 PM

The Constitution?

I seem to remember something about that but they did away with everyone's
rights here in Jersey long ago. Now with the Patriot Act, the rest of the
country can experience having no rights also all in the name of feeling
secure.

No guns, no campfires, no drinking while fishing (don't laugh, it is illegal
here) & no fun of any kind allowed. Violating any of these rules will land a
heavy fine to help balance the state budget which was pilferred by our
politicians who took our rights away for our own good.
--
That's just like my opinion, Man........

"Jim Macklin" wrote:

> Tools/Internet Options/advanced tab uncheck reuse window

> some support
> http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
>

> "Jim Betts" <Jim Betts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> | How/where do I configure XP to allow multiple internet
> windows open. Each
> | time I go to a second site, the previous open site closes.
> |
> | Thanks,
> |
> | Jim Betts

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 7:09:09 PM

In article <04CDEF7D-7914-46D7-B50D-CFD0995CFC7F@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-
8?B?SmltIEJldHRz?= <Jim Betts@discussions.microsoft.com> says...
> How/where do I configure XP to allow multiple internet windows open. Each
> time I go to a second site, the previous open site closes.

If you are talking about IE, then instead of clicking on the link, Right
click the mouse button and select Open Link in New Window.

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 8:52:35 PM

You're welcome. Hope that the report on the 2nd Amendment
is useful to you.

news:D EC28FCB-18B9-4CC3-88A0-CCF6A044D985@microsoft.com...
| Thanks, Jim and thanks for the gov link.
|
| Jim Betts
|
| "Jim Macklin" wrote:
|
| > Tools/Internet Options/advanced tab uncheck reuse
window

| > --
| > some support
| > http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
| >

| > "Jim Betts" <Jim Betts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in
| > message

| > | How/where do I configure XP to allow multiple internet
| > windows open. Each
| > | time I go to a second site, the previous open site
closes.
| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > |
| > | Jim Betts

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 8:58:51 PM

The People's Republic of NJ may be the worst State. Even
the State Police are now calling for ending the ammo
registration law. But as my tag line says, all government
sees the Constitution as an obstacle to be over-come. Be
vigilant, pay attention to the history textbooks in the
public schools, attend city council meetings and contact all
your reps to ask their support for your positions.

Maybe GW Bush will appoint Justices who think the
Constitution IS the most important document for the USA.

some support

"uggabugga" <uggabugga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| The Constitution?
|
| I seem to remember something about that but they did away
with everyone's
| rights here in Jersey long ago. Now with the Patriot Act,
the rest of the
| country can experience having no rights also all in the
name of feeling
| secure.
|
| No guns, no campfires, no drinking while fishing (don't
laugh, it is illegal
| here) & no fun of any kind allowed. Violating any of
these rules will land a
| heavy fine to help balance the state budget which was
pilferred by our
| politicians who took our rights away for our own good.
| --
| That's just like my opinion, Man........
|
| "Jim Macklin" wrote:
|
| > Tools/Internet Options/advanced tab uncheck reuse
window

| > --
| > some support
| > http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
| >

| > "Jim Betts" <Jim Betts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in
| > message

| > | How/where do I configure XP to allow multiple internet
| > windows open. Each
| > | time I go to a second site, the previous open site
closes.
| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > |
| > | Jim Betts

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 9:00:08 PM

That works IF you have installed the Internet Tools/Web
Tools (says for 5.5 but works fine with 6.x too)

some support

| In article
<04CDEF7D-7914-46D7-B50D-CFD0995CFC7F@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-
| 8?B?SmltIEJldHRz?= <Jim Betts@discussions.microsoft.com>
says...
| > How/where do I configure XP to allow multiple internet
windows open. Each
| > time I go to a second site, the previous open site
closes.

| If you are talking about IE, then instead of clicking on
the link, Right
| click the mouse button and select Open Link in New Window.
|
| --
| --
| spam999free@rrohio.com
| remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 2:14:22 AM

In article <OHGxfzyhFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, p51mustang[threeX12]
@xxxhotmail.calm says...
> The People's Republic of NJ may be the worst State. Even
> the State Police are now calling for ending the ammo
> registration law. But as my tag line says, all government
> sees the Constitution as an obstacle to be over-come. Be
> vigilant, pay attention to the history textbooks in the
> public schools, attend city council meetings and contact all
> your reps to ask their support for your positions.
>
> Maybe GW Bush will appoint Justices who think the
> Constitution IS the most important document for the USA.

In Columbus Ohio they just passed an Assault Weapons ban that is more
restrictive than any I've read about - it makes most normal weapons
illegal unless registered in the next 90 days.... What's really stupid
is that the stats show that it will not have any impact on crime and
only makes criminals out of the law abiding citizens - as the criminals
they target are not going to register, will know that people don't have
their weapons any more to defend their homes, and won't stop police
officers from being injured. The sad thing is that my hunting rifle has
more destructive power than the weapons they targeted and it's still
legal! More dem's doing the wrong thing for the wrong reasons.

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 3:14:25 AM

It should be remembered that the reason for the
Revolutionary War in 1775 was the British Army marching out
of Boston to Concord and Lexington to confiscate the arms
held by the Patriots in the armories in those locations.
Colonial British law required that stocks of powder and shot
be held in government controlled warehouses (armories).

Paul Revere and Richard Dawes left Boston after the "one if
by land, two if by sea" signals from the North Church. That
is why the Second Amendment was written as it was, to say
keep and bear" so any law requiring central storage is
unconstitutional.

And yes, the 30x39 cartridge used by the AK47 is 20% less
powerful than the old 30/30 deer ammo. But it isn't the
power of the ammo, but the power (political) that being
armed citizens creates. Crime is just an excuse since THEY
can't cite slavery, race or station as the reason for gun
control laws.

The gun control laws in the South were written to disarm the
slaves before and after the Civil War. In the North gun
control was begun by Tim Sullivan, a leader in the Irish
Five Points gang (New York) as a means to disarm the rival
gangs. Then there was the move to disarm the new Eastern
Europeans coming to the USA and worries about Communism in
the 1920.

some support

| In article <OHGxfzyhFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>,
p51mustang[threeX12]
| @xxxhotmail.calm says...
| > The People's Republic of NJ may be the worst State.
Even
| > the State Police are now calling for ending the ammo
| > registration law. But as my tag line says, all
government
| > sees the Constitution as an obstacle to be over-come.
Be
| > vigilant, pay attention to the history textbooks in the
| > public schools, attend city council meetings and contact
all
| > your reps to ask their support for your positions.
| >
| > Maybe GW Bush will appoint Justices who think the
| > Constitution IS the most important document for the USA.
|
| In Columbus Ohio they just passed an Assault Weapons ban
that is more
| restrictive than any I've read about - it makes most
normal weapons
| illegal unless registered in the next 90 days.... What's
really stupid
| is that the stats show that it will not have any impact on
crime and
| only makes criminals out of the law abiding citizens - as
the criminals
| they target are not going to register, will know that
people don't have
| their weapons any more to defend their homes, and won't
stop police
| officers from being injured. The sad thing is that my
hunting rifle has
| more destructive power than the weapons they targeted and
it's still
| legal! More dem's doing the wrong thing for the wrong
reasons.

| --
| --
| spam999free@rrohio.com
| remove 999 in order to email me
July 13, 2005 2:44:46 PM

Jim Macklin for President!

> [...]
| that is more
|| restrictive than any I've read about - it makes most
| normal weapons
|| illegal unless registered in the next 90 days.... What's
| really stupid
|| is that the stats show that it will not have any impact on
| crime and
|| only makes criminals out of the law abiding citizens - as
| the criminals
|| they target are not going to register, will know that
| people don't have
|| their weapons any more to defend their homes, and won't
| stop police
|| officers from being injured. The sad thing is that my
| hunting rifle has
|| more destructive power than the weapons they targeted and
| it's still
|| legal! More dem's doing the wrong thing for the wrong

July 13, 2005 9:03:45 PM

Thanks, I need a job. But don't know if I'll still be alive
in 2016. I expect that Condi Rice will be elected President
in 2008 and re-elected in 2012. (She will be appointed VP
in mid-November 2006 after the mid-term elections).

She seems to be as smart as I am and much better looking.
She came out on Larry King in support of the Second
Amendment, she understands why it is a fundamental civil
right.

some support

"Leonard" <lennykocksman@swplace.net> wrote in message
> [...]
|| normal weapons
||| illegal unless registered in the next 90 days.... What's
|| really stupid
||| is that the stats show that it will not have any impact
on
|| crime and
||| only makes criminals out of the law abiding citizens -
as
|| the criminals
||| they target are not going to register, will know that
|| people don't have
||| their weapons any more to defend their homes, and won't
|| stop police
||| officers from being injured. The sad thing is that my
|| hunting rifle has
||| more destructive power than the weapons they targeted
and
|| it's still
||| legal! More dem's doing the wrong thing for the wrong

July 14, 2005 12:20:15 AM

Jim Macklin wrote:

> Thanks, I need a job. But don't know if I'll still be alive
> in 2016. I expect that Condi Rice will be elected President
> in 2008 and re-elected in 2012. (She will be appointed VP
> in mid-November 2006 after the mid-term elections).
>
> She seems to be as smart as I am and much better looking.
> She came out on Larry King in support of the Second
> Amendment, she understands why it is a fundamental civil
> right.

She said she doesn't want to and will not run.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Yes, I know that, but I can hope.

some support

"Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
| Jim Macklin wrote:
|
| > Thanks, I need a job. But don't know if I'll still be
alive
| > in 2016. I expect that Condi Rice will be elected
President
| > in 2008 and re-elected in 2012. (She will be appointed
VP
| > in mid-November 2006 after the mid-term elections).
| >
| > She seems to be as smart as I am and much better
looking.
| > She came out on Larry King in support of the Second
| > Amendment, she understands why it is a fundamental civil
| > right.
| >

| She said she doesn't want to and will not run.
|
| --
| Rock
| MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 5:56:52 PM

"Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
> Jim Macklin wrote:
>
>> Thanks, I need a job. But don't know if I'll still be alive in 2016. I
>> expect that Condi Rice will be elected President in 2008 and re-elected
>> in 2012. (She will be appointed VP in mid-November 2006 after the
>> mid-term elections).
>>
>> She seems to be as smart as I am and much better looking. She came out on
>> Larry King in support of the Second Amendment, she understands why it is
>> a fundamental civil right.
>>

> She said she doesn't want to and will not run.
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

If you know anything about women or pollies in general, you will know
it's "their" privilege to change their minds <BG>

rgds
Li'l Roberto
!