Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows 7 Freezing Problems

Last response: in Windows 7
September 13, 2012 1:53:40 PM

Recently my windows 7 just stopped working. i knew this would happen soon because it would freeze every once and a while, when logging in. But now it has fully stopped working because it sometimes allows me to log in but the it sits there loading and says welcome and eventually freezes, or when i click on a user to log in as it just freezes, and some times it gets past the boot screen then its just a black screen, you can see the mouse and move it around and stuff but it just wont do any thing else. I can access BIOS just fine so i do not think it is a hardware problem. Also I have tried a system restore but then it just sits there saying preparing for system restore. I am wondering if there is any way to just delete everything on my hard drive except windows, but if i have to delete windows 7 that is fine because i have a copy of windows 7. I tried installing linux ubuntu to try to access the files in my C: drive but it wouldn't let me. Also when i try booting from my windows 7 disc it doesnt load the disc it just starts my currently installed windows 7. So has anyone had this problem before, or anyone know how to fix it?

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
September 13, 2012 2:32:47 PM

Change the boot priority in bios to start from win7 CD/DVD. Check your hard drive for errors with chkdsk from the console and you will find that it has bad sectors or a damaged file system. Bad sectors = replace HDD, damaged file system = repair and reinstall windows.
September 13, 2012 5:46:00 PM

noidea_77 said:
Change the boot priority in bios to start from win7 CD/DVD. Check your hard drive for errors with chkdsk from the console and you will find that it has bad sectors or a damaged file system. Bad sectors = replace HDD, damaged file system = repair and reinstall windows.

i forgot to mention this but i tried changing the boot priority first before anything and that didnt seem to work but i will try the check disc. thanks! :p 
m
l
September 13, 2012 5:46:06 PM

Best answer selected by KrizmaOG.
m
l
!