How do I get a PDF printer on 64-bit XP? Adobe is no help at all.

Please repost your inquiry in the new Windows 64-bit newsgroup:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"TLD" wrote:

| How do I get a PDF printer on 64-bit XP? Adobe is no help at all.

I'd love to, but can't figure out how.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Please repost your inquiry in the new Windows 64-bit newsgroup:
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "TLD" wrote:
>
> | How do I get a PDF printer on 64-bit XP? Adobe is no help at all.

Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express

Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"TLD" wrote:

| I'd love to, but can't figure out how.
|
| "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
|
| > Please repost your inquiry in the new Windows 64-bit newsgroup:

Yes, I went there via URL, but it wouldn't let me post a reply. It didn't
have some kind of information. This is the black hole of Redmond. I've
learned to avoid it.

TLD <TLD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in:

> Yes, I went there via URL, but it wouldn't let me post a reply. It didn't
> have some kind of information. This is the black hole of Redmond. I've
> learned to avoid it.

First, get a newsreader. You can use Outlook Express as a newsreader if you
want to, follow the directions to configure it.

Set the server to "msnews.microsoft.com" and when it asks if you'd like to
download all news groups click yes, then search for

"microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general"

Probably just entering "64bit" in the search box will find it.

You don't need a username or password to use Microsoft's public newsserver.

--
David R. Norton MVP
<d_r_norton@yahoo.com>

You have to wait until Adobe produce a 64-bit version of Acrobat. There are
apparently some solutions for other software application choices at
www.planetamd64.com
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"TLD" <TLD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I get a PDF printer on 64-bit XP? Adobe is no help at all.

I've checked that out, thanks. But the PDF maker icon in Outlook 2000
successfully creates a PDF with text and images. SQL Server Reporting
Services apparently creates PDFs. What is it that is doing this? Can't other
programs use that service?

My understanding from Adobe is that the service itself works fine, but there
is an installer problem.