ahmad

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2004

when starting my pc it takes a lot of time , also it's very slow .
the same problem when shutting down ( i'm using xp home edition sp2).
thank you

How to troubleshoot by using the System Configuration utility in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310560

The above tool will let you set how to startup your machine.

Regarding shutdown problem:-

SHUTDOWN WORKS, BUT IT'S REAL SLOW
http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

"AHMAD" <AHMAD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when starting my pc it takes a lot of time , also it's very slow .
> the same problem when shutting down ( i'm using xp home edition sp2).
> thank you

no worries