Haswell

Movits

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
The new Intel Haswell processors are said to be released at the end of Q2 this year, I am looking into getting a 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display and I was wondering if waiting for Haswell would be worth the wait. I am not only concerned with just the processor, but with the new mobile GPU's that will release this year. I play a good amount of World of Warcraft and Borderlands 2 and I was wondering if waiting for these new processors and GPU's would be worth the wait for a student who occasionally games.

PLEASE HELP!!!

- Movits

Back in Sep 2012 Intel demoed a pre-production Haswell laptop which apparently was capable of running Skyrim @ 1920x1080. While no benchmarks were made available, it did seem to run smoothly. Anti aliasing was likely switched off. It is definitely more powerful than the Intel HD 4000. But no one know by how much yet.

If you only want to solely rely on integrated graphics and you want to play games, then it is in your best interest to wait if it is possible. I too am interested in buying a Haswell based laptop. No real intentions to play games. Just want to get something with 1600x900 or preferably 1920x1080. My current laptop (Lenovo Y470) is only 1366x768 resolution which is rather too low to effectively multi-task, but it is decent for games. Haswell CPUs should consume less power so potentially that means longer battery life... unless the battery is shrunk down.