Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 Frozen Ice Block except in Safe Mode

Last response: in Windows 7
September 13, 2012 3:04:08 PM

So here's the thing, my computer was running completely fine albeit kind of slow until about 2 weeks ago. Everytime I log on it will go through the motions of loading and BAM! freeze, I can't do ANYTHING. . .I have run virus scan and spyware scans because it also displayed an error message before windows would even load. . .it doesn't do that now though. Norton found a Trojan Virus which as far as I know I have gotten rid of through various anti-virus maneuvers. I have also tried Norton's Bootable Recovery and that found nothing as far as a virus or anything.

I booted the computer up into Safe Mode with Networking and it's working pretty much like the regular mode should except obviously it's limited and I can't get to my OneNote that I need.

Can anyone pllllleeeaasse help me? I am not exceptionally computer savvy so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ashley
a c 232 $ Windows 7
September 13, 2012 3:23:28 PM

Please edit your original message to remove your e-mail address. You are notified via the forums when your posts are responded to. Otherwise, you are asking for tons of spam.

If it will boot and run in safe mode and not in normal mode, that usually means you have a driver problem. Have you changed any hardware recently?

What are the specs for your system?
September 13, 2012 4:12:50 PM

As far as I know I have not changed any hardware recently. . .I tried looking up the specs in Control Panel . . .It stated that the Processor and Installed RAM info was unavailable. . .I have a standard Toshiba L505D laptop computer. . .and another thing. . .something is eating through my memory. . .it's saying I only have 808MG of 223GB free which is pretty much impossible

If it is something with a driver, how would I be able to figure out what driver is giving me the problem?
September 13, 2012 5:39:38 PM

808MB of 223GB free

Your hard drive is full or going bad.

HDTune is free for personal use and should tell you if your hard drive is going bad.

If you still have questions about your hard drive, HDTune Pro is free for 15 days and has some additional testing.

Here is the link:
http://www.hdtune.com/download.html
!