How can I flip the view of my desktop from icons to detail..

I have a huge screen (1200x1600 :) ) and keep lots of in-use files
and shortcuts on the "desktop". It's a great way to work but I find
that sometimes I can't find an object, or I want sort the objects by
date or filetype without rearranging the screen.

I can do a start>explore>Documents and settings>Desktop and see what I
want but there must be an easier way.

Being able to Right Mouse Click on the desktop and being able to pick
a view would be great.

Any suggestions ?

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

Drop a shortcut to the desktop directory on the quick launch bar.

Al Dykes wrote:

> I have a huge screen (1200x1600 :) ) and keep lots of in-use files
> and shortcuts on the "desktop". It's a great way to work but I find
> that sometimes I can't find an object, or I want sort the objects by
> date or filetype without rearranging the screen.
>
> I can do a start>explore>Documents and settings>Desktop and see what I
> want but there must be an easier way.
>
> Being able to Right Mouse Click on the desktop and being able to pick
> a view would be great.
>
> Any suggestions ?

DeskView _might_ help. Note that I've not tested it fully.

http://www.jimcofer.com/geekstuff.htm#Deskview

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

In article <e5Rb3DxhFHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
Bob I <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Drop a shortcut to the desktop directory on the quick launch bar.
>
>Al Dykes wrote:
>
>> I have a huge screen (1200x1600 :) ) and keep lots of in-use files
>> and shortcuts on the "desktop". It's a great way to work but I find
>> that sometimes I can't find an object, or I want sort the objects by
>> date or filetype without rearranging the screen.
>>
>> I can do a start>explore>Documents and settings>Desktop and see what I
>> want but there must be an easier way.
>>
>> Being able to Right Mouse Click on the desktop and being able to pick
>> a view would be great.
>>
>> Any suggestions ?

Outstanding. Give that man a cigar.

I make shorcuts all the time. It never occured to me to do this.

Thanks.

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

Glad to be of assistance, have a good day!