Problems after updates

I recently got a new computer, and downloaded XP pdates yesterday. Since
then, my scroll mouse is not working properly, and the fonts in Outlook are
faded. Any suggestions?
3 answers Last reply
More about problems updates

    You may need to "rollback" the hardware device driver "updates" you
    installed. Open Device manager,(see Start,Help and Support) and check
    the Display adapter and the Mice and pointing devices.

    Char wrote:
    > I recently got a new computer, and downloaded XP pdates yesterday.
    > Since then, my scroll mouse is not working properly, and the fonts in
    > Outlook are faded. Any suggestions?

    I had the same problem, I've uninstalled the updates and rebooted, and my
    fonts are back to normal.(I broke one of my own rules,I installed more than
    one update at a time).
    I'm in the process of installing the updates one at a time with a day or so
    in between.
    All I can say is the update that is causing this IS NOT the IE or OE
    security update.
    I suggest that you do the same thing,and when you find which one that is
    causing this to happen read the detailed info. on the hotfix and see if you
    can live without installing it.
    Sorry I don't have the exact update yet that is the culprit.

    --
    Mike Pawlak

    I did not install any hardware drivers,I never do from windows update!

    --
    Mike Pawlak

    Bob I wrote:
    > You may need to "rollback" the hardware device driver "updates" you
    > installed. Open Device manager,(see Start,Help and Support) and check
    > the Display adapter and the Mice and pointing devices.
    >
    > Char wrote:
    >
    >> I recently got a new computer, and downloaded XP pdates yesterday.
    >> Since then, my scroll mouse is not working properly, and the fonts
    >> in Outlook are faded. Any suggestions?

Computers Microsoft Windows XP