Problems after updates

July 12, 2005 1:46:12 PM

I recently got a new computer, and downloaded XP pdates yesterday. Since
then, my scroll mouse is not working properly, and the fonts in Outlook are
faded. Any suggestions?

More about : problems updates

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 5:55:53 PM

You may need to "rollback" the hardware device driver "updates" you
installed. Open Device manager,(see Start,Help and Support) and check
the Display adapter and the Mice and pointing devices.

Char wrote:

> I recently got a new computer, and downloaded XP pdates yesterday. Since
> then, my scroll mouse is not working properly, and the fonts in Outlook are
> faded. Any suggestions?
July 12, 2005 6:29:57 PM

Char wrote:
> I recently got a new computer, and downloaded XP pdates yesterday.
> Since then, my scroll mouse is not working properly, and the fonts in
> Outlook are faded. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem, I've uninstalled the updates and rebooted, and my
fonts are back to normal.(I broke one of my own rules,I installed more than
one update at a time).
I'm in the process of installing the updates one at a time with a day or so
in between.
All I can say is the update that is causing this IS NOT the IE or OE
security update.
I suggest that you do the same thing,and when you find which one that is
causing this to happen read the detailed info. on the hotfix and see if you
can live without installing it.
Sorry I don't have the exact update yet that is the culprit.

--
Mike Pawlak
July 12, 2005 10:48:24 PM

I did not install any hardware drivers,I never do from windows update!

--
Mike Pawlak

!