Lost my Arial font

July 12, 2005 5:17:03 PM

Under Windows XP, my computer hung up solid while sending a fax. Had to
power down twice to recover. Everything works as before, except that I lost
my Arial font... which many of my apps and windows uses.

I tried to reinstall arial.ttf, but my font manager says it's already
installed.

When I go to any app where I can select Arial font, (Word, Access, etc)
"plaib" Arial it doesn't show up in the list. Arial Bold does, and Arial
Narrow, but no plain Arial.

Any suggestions?

By the by... when I do a search on Arial the results show Arial.ttf in my
RecycleBin, but when I go there, it isn't listed.

I think this is the second time this has happened with a fax "hangup", and I
just can't remember what I did the last time to repair the problem.

Thanks in advance
Al Camp

More about : lost arial font

July 13, 2005 12:46:24 AM

There should also be an arial.ttf in

C:\Windows\Fonts

If not then search c:\windows (and subfolders) for arial.ttf and then copy
it to C:\Windows\Fonts
The font should automatically install

If it's already there then you could try moving it out of C:\Windows\Fonts
to another location and replacing it with one of the other copies you've
discovered

Jon

!