Lost my Arial font

Under Windows XP, my computer hung up solid while sending a fax. Had to
power down twice to recover. Everything works as before, except that I lost
my Arial font... which many of my apps and windows uses.

I tried to reinstall arial.ttf, but my font manager says it's already
installed.

When I go to any app where I can select Arial font, (Word, Access, etc)
"plaib" Arial it doesn't show up in the list. Arial Bold does, and Arial
Narrow, but no plain Arial.

Any suggestions?

By the by... when I do a search on Arial the results show Arial.ttf in my
RecycleBin, but when I go there, it isn't listed.

I think this is the second time this has happened with a fax "hangup", and I
just can't remember what I did the last time to repair the problem.

Thanks in advance
Al Camp
1 answer Last reply
More about lost arial font

    There should also be an arial.ttf in

    C:\Windows\Fonts

    If not then search c:\windows (and subfolders) for arial.ttf and then copy
    it to C:\Windows\Fonts
    The font should automatically install

    If it's already there then you could try moving it out of C:\Windows\Fonts
    to another location and replacing it with one of the other copies you've
    discovered

    Jon

    "Al Camp" <anon@anon.net> wrote in message
    > Under Windows XP, my computer hung up solid while sending a fax. Had to
    > power down twice to recover. Everything works as before, except that I
    > lost my Arial font... which many of my apps and windows uses.
    >
    > I tried to reinstall arial.ttf, but my font manager says it's already
    > installed.
    >
    > When I go to any app where I can select Arial font, (Word, Access, etc)
    > "plaib" Arial it doesn't show up in the list. Arial Bold does, and Arial
    > Narrow, but no plain Arial.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > By the by... when I do a search on Arial the results show Arial.ttf in my
    > RecycleBin, but when I go there, it isn't listed.
    >
    > I think this is the second time this has happened with a fax "hangup", and
    > I just can't remember what I did the last time to repair the problem.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Al Camp

Font Microsoft Windows XP