Uninstall service pack 2 windows xp Dell Latitude

Hello!

I hope anyone could help me a little bit with my problem:
I have a brand new Dell Latitude. I think that Windows XP servicepack 2 is
making some problem. The bigger problem is that I cant uninstall it. I have
tried through Control Panel, and the tips Microsoft gives themselves.

I guess a problem is that it is preinstalled on the computer. I have
reinstalled the computer, but it is still ServicePack 2.
Do anyone knows about the problem?

Thanks!

/Kristoffer
9 answers Last reply
More about uninstall service pack windows dell latitude

    Instead of uninstalling SP2, what issue are you having that leads
    you to believe the Service Pack is responsible. You won't be
    able to uninstall SP2 as it is likely an embedded install and there
    isn't a Rollback feature. The only way to accomplish that is do
    a repair install with a previous version disk that matches the OEM
    used by Dell.

    "Kristoffer" <dd03pekr@ing.hj.se> wrote in message
    > Hello!
    >
    > I hope anyone could help me a little bit with my problem:
    > I have a brand new Dell Latitude. I think that Windows XP servicepack 2 is
    > making some problem. The bigger problem is that I cant uninstall it. I
    > have
    > tried through Control Panel, and the tips Microsoft gives themselves.
    >
    > I guess a problem is that it is preinstalled on the computer. I have
    > reinstalled the computer, but it is still ServicePack 2.
    > Do anyone knows about the problem?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > /Kristoffer

    SP2 is now part of Win XP O/S on new computers, so it is pre-installed and
    cannot be removed.

    Tom
    "Kristoffer" <dd03pekr@ing.hj.se> wrote in message
    | Hello!
    |
    | I hope anyone could help me a little bit with my problem:
    | I have a brand new Dell Latitude. I think that Windows XP servicepack 2 is
    | making some problem. The bigger problem is that I cant uninstall it. I
    have
    | tried through Control Panel, and the tips Microsoft gives themselves.
    |
    | I guess a problem is that it is preinstalled on the computer. I have
    | reinstalled the computer, but it is still ServicePack 2.
    | Do anyone knows about the problem?
    |
    | Thanks!
    |
    | /Kristoffer

    Service Pack 2 is likely not the cause of your problem.
    Please provide some details as to the nature of your problem
    so troubleshooting suggestions can be forthcoming.

    How to Make a Good Newsgroup Post
    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Kristoffer" wrote:

    | Hello!
    |
    | I hope anyone could help me a little bit with my problem:
    | I have a brand new Dell Latitude. I think that Windows XP servicepack 2 is
    | making some problem. The bigger problem is that I cant uninstall it. I have
    | tried through Control Panel, and the tips Microsoft gives themselves.
    |
    | I guess a problem is that it is preinstalled on the computer. I have
    | reinstalled the computer, but it is still ServicePack 2.
    | Do anyone knows about the problem?
    |
    | Thanks!
    |
    | /Kristoffer

    Thanks for the help.
    The problem is that I am installing a cryptationapplication which encrypts
    the harddrive and changes the login a bit (Software: SafeGuard Easy 4.10). I
    have done a similar installation recently and it does work. The problem with
    this computer is that when I, after installed the cryptation, reboot, the
    login procedure is aborted and it is impossible to anything with the client.
    Weird.....

    Thanks anyway!

    /Kristoffer

    "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> skrev i meddelandet
    > Instead of uninstalling SP2, what issue are you having that leads
    > you to believe the Service Pack is responsible. You won't be
    > able to uninstall SP2 as it is likely an embedded install and there
    > isn't a Rollback feature. The only way to accomplish that is do
    > a repair install with a previous version disk that matches the OEM
    > used by Dell.
    >
    > "Kristoffer" <dd03pekr@ing.hj.se> wrote in message
    > > Hello!
    > >
    > > I hope anyone could help me a little bit with my problem:
    > > I have a brand new Dell Latitude. I think that Windows XP servicepack 2
    is
    > > making some problem. The bigger problem is that I cant uninstall it. I
    > > have
    > > tried through Control Panel, and the tips Microsoft gives themselves.
    > >
    > > I guess a problem is that it is preinstalled on the computer. I have
    > > reinstalled the computer, but it is still ServicePack 2.
    > > Do anyone knows about the problem?
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > >
    > > /Kristoffer

    Some programs mimic logons and XP sp2 fixes all that.

    Kristoffer wrote:
    > Thanks for the help.
    > The problem is that I am installing a cryptationapplication which encrypts
    > the harddrive and changes the login a bit (Software: SafeGuard Easy 4.10). I
    > have done a similar installation recently and it does work. The problem with
    > this computer is that when I, after installed the cryptation, reboot, the
    > login procedure is aborted and it is impossible to anything with the client.
    > Weird.....

    See the following articles:

    SafeGuard Easy and Windows XP SP2
    https://www.utimaco.com/internet/Uti_Know.nsf/41330a9c4d2f0223c1256eb7003ec733/613e9dd3b5a965eac1256f38004ff9ab!OpenDocument

    SGE and Windows XP SP2: mandatory client configuration settings
    https://www.utimaco.com/internet/Uti_Know.nsf/41330a9c4d2f0223c1256eb7003ec733/3c852ee8c30f4e63c1256f8c005c511e!OpenDocument
    --
    Tom Porterfield
    MS-MVP Windows

    Kristoffer wrote:

    > Thanks for the help.
    > The problem is that I am installing a cryptationapplication which encrypts
    > the harddrive and changes the login a bit (Software: SafeGuard Easy 4.10). I
    > have done a similar installation recently and it does work. The problem with
    > this computer is that when I, after installed the cryptation, reboot, the
    > login procedure is aborted and it is impossible to anything with the client.
    > Weird.....
    Hi,

    With SafeGuard Easy 4.10 and WinXP SP2 we had a blue screen issue
    after reboot.

    Solution:
    Before the reboot that the SP2 installation wants, edit C:\boot.ini.

    Change

    /NoExecute=OptIn (that SP2 have added)

    /NoExecute=AlwaysOff

    Alternatively, upgrade to SafeGuard Easy 4.15 that does not have
    this problem.

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    Hi again!

    It worked fine with changing boot.ini!!!

    Thanks!

    /Kristoffer

    Kristoffer wrote:

    > Hi again!
    >
    > It worked fine with changing boot.ini!!!
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > /Kristoffer

    Storartad!

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide: