Uninstall service pack 2 windows xp Dell Latitude

July 13, 2005 12:22:27 AM

Hello!

I hope anyone could help me a little bit with my problem:
I have a brand new Dell Latitude. I think that Windows XP servicepack 2 is
making some problem. The bigger problem is that I cant uninstall it. I have
tried through Control Panel, and the tips Microsoft gives themselves.

I guess a problem is that it is preinstalled on the computer. I have
reinstalled the computer, but it is still ServicePack 2.
Do anyone knows about the problem?

Thanks!

/Kristoffer
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 12:22:28 AM

Instead of uninstalling SP2, what issue are you having that leads
you to believe the Service Pack is responsible. You won't be
able to uninstall SP2 as it is likely an embedded install and there
isn't a Rollback feature. The only way to accomplish that is do
a repair install with a previous version disk that matches the OEM
used by Dell.

"Kristoffer" <dd03pekr@ing.hj.se> wrote in message
news:o pCVo6whFHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hello!
>
> I hope anyone could help me a little bit with my problem:
> I have a brand new Dell Latitude. I think that Windows XP servicepack 2 is
> making some problem. The bigger problem is that I cant uninstall it. I
> have
> tried through Control Panel, and the tips Microsoft gives themselves.
>
> I guess a problem is that it is preinstalled on the computer. I have
> reinstalled the computer, but it is still ServicePack 2.
> Do anyone knows about the problem?
>
> Thanks!
>
> /Kristoffer

Anonymous
July 13, 2005 12:22:28 AM

SP2 is now part of Win XP O/S on new computers, so it is pre-installed and
cannot be removed.

Tom
"Kristoffer" <dd03pekr@ing.hj.se> wrote in message
news:o pCVo6whFHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
| Hello!
|
| I hope anyone could help me a little bit with my problem:
| I have a brand new Dell Latitude. I think that Windows XP servicepack 2 is
| making some problem. The bigger problem is that I cant uninstall it. I
have
| tried through Control Panel, and the tips Microsoft gives themselves.
|
| I guess a problem is that it is preinstalled on the computer. I have
| reinstalled the computer, but it is still ServicePack 2.
| Do anyone knows about the problem?
|
| Thanks!
|
| /Kristoffer

July 13, 2005 12:22:28 AM

Service Pack 2 is likely not the cause of your problem.
Please provide some details as to the nature of your problem
so troubleshooting suggestions can be forthcoming.

How to Make a Good Newsgroup Post
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Kristoffer" wrote:

| Hello!
|
| I hope anyone could help me a little bit with my problem:
| I have a brand new Dell Latitude. I think that Windows XP servicepack 2 is
| making some problem. The bigger problem is that I cant uninstall it. I have
| tried through Control Panel, and the tips Microsoft gives themselves.
|
| I guess a problem is that it is preinstalled on the computer. I have
| reinstalled the computer, but it is still ServicePack 2.
| Do anyone knows about the problem?
|
| Thanks!
|
| /Kristoffer
July 13, 2005 12:42:01 AM

Thanks for the help.
The problem is that I am installing a cryptationapplication which encrypts
the harddrive and changes the login a bit (Software: SafeGuard Easy 4.10). I
have done a similar installation recently and it does work. The problem with
this computer is that when I, after installed the cryptation, reboot, the
login procedure is aborted and it is impossible to anything with the client.
Weird.....

Thanks anyway!

/Kristoffer

"R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Instead of uninstalling SP2, what issue are you having that leads
> you to believe the Service Pack is responsible. You won't be
> able to uninstall SP2 as it is likely an embedded install and there
> isn't a Rollback feature. The only way to accomplish that is do
> a repair install with a previous version disk that matches the OEM
> used by Dell.
>
> "Kristoffer" <dd03pekr@ing.hj.se> wrote in message
> news:o pCVo6whFHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > Hello!
> >
> > I hope anyone could help me a little bit with my problem:
> > I have a brand new Dell Latitude. I think that Windows XP servicepack 2
is
> > making some problem. The bigger problem is that I cant uninstall it. I
> > have
> > tried through Control Panel, and the tips Microsoft gives themselves.
> >
> > I guess a problem is that it is preinstalled on the computer. I have
> > reinstalled the computer, but it is still ServicePack 2.
> > Do anyone knows about the problem?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > /Kristoffer

Anonymous
July 13, 2005 12:42:02 AM

Some programs mimic logons and XP sp2 fixes all that.

> Thanks for the help.
> The problem is that I am installing a cryptationapplication which encrypts
> the harddrive and changes the login a bit (Software: SafeGuard Easy 4.10).
> have done a similar installation recently and it does work. The problem
> with
> this computer is that when I, after installed the cryptation, reboot, the
> login procedure is aborted and it is impossible to anything with the
> client.
> Weird.....
>
> Thanks anyway!
>
> /Kristoffer
>

> "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> skrev i meddelandet
>> Instead of uninstalling SP2, what issue are you having that leads
>> you to believe the Service Pack is responsible. You won't be
>> able to uninstall SP2 as it is likely an embedded install and there
>> isn't a Rollback feature. The only way to accomplish that is do
>> a repair install with a previous version disk that matches the OEM
>> used by Dell.
>>
>> "Kristoffer" <dd03pekr@ing.hj.se> wrote in message
>> news:o pCVo6whFHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> > Hello!
>> >
>> > I hope anyone could help me a little bit with my problem:
>> > I have a brand new Dell Latitude. I think that Windows XP servicepack 2
> is
>> > making some problem. The bigger problem is that I cant uninstall it. I
>> > have
>> > tried through Control Panel, and the tips Microsoft gives themselves.
>> >
>> > I guess a problem is that it is preinstalled on the computer. I have
>> > reinstalled the computer, but it is still ServicePack 2.
>> > Do anyone knows about the problem?
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > /Kristoffer

Anonymous
July 13, 2005 12:42:02 AM

Kristoffer wrote:
> Thanks for the help.
> The problem is that I am installing a cryptationapplication which encrypts
> the harddrive and changes the login a bit (Software: SafeGuard Easy 4.10). I
> have done a similar installation recently and it does work. The problem with
> this computer is that when I, after installed the cryptation, reboot, the
> login procedure is aborted and it is impossible to anything with the client.
> Weird.....

See the following articles:

SafeGuard Easy and Windows XP SP2
https://www.utimaco.com/internet/Uti_Know.nsf/41330a9c4...!OpenDocument

SGE and Windows XP SP2: mandatory client configuration settings
https://www.utimaco.com/internet/Uti_Know.nsf/41330a9c4...!OpenDocument
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows

July 13, 2005 1:23:01 AM

Kristoffer wrote:

> Thanks for the help.
> The problem is that I am installing a cryptationapplication which encrypts
> the harddrive and changes the login a bit (Software: SafeGuard Easy 4.10). I
> have done a similar installation recently and it does work. The problem with
> this computer is that when I, after installed the cryptation, reboot, the
> login procedure is aborted and it is impossible to anything with the client.
> Weird.....
Hi,

With SafeGuard Easy 4.10 and WinXP SP2 we had a blue screen issue
after reboot.

Solution:
Before the reboot that the SP2 installation wants, edit C:\boot.ini.

Change

/NoExecute=OptIn (that SP2 have added)

/NoExecute=AlwaysOff

Alternatively, upgrade to SafeGuard Easy 4.15 that does not have
this problem.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
July 13, 2005 10:15:56 PM

Hi again!

It worked fine with changing boot.ini!!!

Thanks!

/Kristoffer

"Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:o KydLfxhFHA.1460@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Kristoffer wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the help.
> > The problem is that I am installing a cryptationapplication which
encrypts
> > the harddrive and changes the login a bit (Software: SafeGuard Easy
4.10). I
> > have done a similar installation recently and it does work. The problem
with
> > this computer is that when I, after installed the cryptation, reboot,
the
> > login procedure is aborted and it is impossible to anything with the
client.
> > Weird.....
> Hi,
>
> With SafeGuard Easy 4.10 and WinXP SP2 we had a blue screen issue
> after reboot.
>
> Solution:
> Before the reboot that the SP2 installation wants, edit C:\boot.ini.
>
> Change
>
> /NoExecute=OptIn (that SP2 have added)

> /NoExecute=AlwaysOff
>

> Alternatively, upgrade to SafeGuard Easy 4.15 that does not have
> this problem.

> the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.m...
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 11:02:59 PM

Kristoffer wrote:

> Hi again!
>
> It worked fine with changing boot.ini!!!
>
> Thanks!
>
> /Kristoffer

Storartad!

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: