Sep 13, 2012
Hello,

AsRock H61M/U3S3
i3-2120,
8gb ddr3 1333mhz
GF 9600 GT 512
Samsung F1 1TB
Win7 Home Premium 64bit SP1

I have this hardware since early august, that's when I formatted and installed a new system.
It used to run really smooth until about 2 weeks ago when the startup times increased by a lot.

Basically when I turn on my PC and it gets to the system loading screen, I can hear my HDD stops working and I need to wait at least 30 seconds until I can hear it starts working again and it actually loads the system. Then the welcome screen also persists for another 30s, then it shows my wallpaper (or just a black background) and the taskbar which is partially black for another 30s until it finally loads the icons. The whole time the HDD sounds like I'm forcing it to copy a couple of terabytes from partition to partition (just works on full load, doesn't make any weird noises)...

After that the system itself works just fine.

What I've done so far:

chkdsk
sfc /scannow
cleared malware, adware
defragmentated all partitions
cleared registry and junk files using various programs (ccleaner, auslogics reg cleaner)
turned off unnecessary autostarts and services
booted windows in diagnostic mode and with USB devices unplugged (no difference in booting time)

I just did a bit more checking on the system partition fragmentation using different software. ~3 days ago I defragmentated my system partition using Auslogics Disk Defrag, today it says it's 1% fragmented (the visual shows a lot more) and Piriform Defraggler says it's 34% fragmented...

Sorry for all the text, I always try to provide as much info as possible.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Prambo

@EDIT
I just noticed Windows doesn't even detect my CD/DVD, so I opened my PC, replaced the HDD and DVD SATA plugs into different SATA slots and all problems solved. Windows boots faster, DVD is detected.

Latest posts