Dynamic Installed Program Inventory

I would like to make a dynamic inventory of all of the programs installed on
a number of computers...Basically I want to be able to open up a database,
click on the computername, and it will tell me what programs are installed on
that computer...maybe the database could be updated every night or
something...

This will save me a lot of bookkeeping and also help me to know which
systems have old versions of applications, make it easier for licence
expiration and new license keys...etc...

Any ideas of how I can do this?

Thanks for your help,
Jason Ryon

Malke

Jason Ryon wrote:

> I would like to make a dynamic inventory of all of the programs
> installed on a number of computers...Basically I want to be able to
> open up a database, click on the computername, and it will tell me
> what programs are installed on that computer...maybe the database
> could be updated every night or something...
>
> This will save me a lot of bookkeeping and also help me to know which
> systems have old versions of applications, make it easier for licence
> expiration and new license keys...etc...
>
> Any ideas of how I can do this?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Jason Ryon

The free Everest Home Edition will inventory your software as well as
your hardware.

http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Would be nice, except i'm on a domain so it won't let me use the Home
Edition. Not sure I want to shell out too much $$ for the corporate edition.

http://www.landesk.com/

Jason Ryon wrote:

> I would like to make a dynamic inventory of all of the programs installed on
> a number of computers...Basically I want to be able to open up a database,
> click on the computername, and it will tell me what programs are installed on
> that computer...maybe the database could be updated every night or
> something...
>
> This will save me a lot of bookkeeping and also help me to know which
> systems have old versions of applications, make it easier for licence
> expiration and new license keys...etc...
>
> Any ideas of how I can do this?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Jason Ryon

Well, if you're not in compliance, and the B.S.A. (Business Software
Alliance) comes calling, it may cost you a whole lot more than paying for a
decent inventory program.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban