my windows xp logging on and ogging off repeadely

hi everybody
can anybody help me, my windows xp is logging on and logging of immediately
and the log on screen appears, after i log on again then again the same
problem happens.
i tried to boot in the safe mode but there also this problem is there.
i also tried the last good configuration in boot options but it wont help.
plz help me, what should i do now?
thanks

"kartik" <kartik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi everybody
> can anybody help me, my windows xp is logging on and logging of
> immediately
> and the log on screen appears, after i log on again then again the
> same
> problem happens.
> i tried to boot in the safe mode but there also this problem is there.
> i also tried the last good configuration in boot options but it wont
> help.
> plz help me, what should i do now?
> thanks

Some ant-spyware may have removed or quarantine wsaupdater.exe thinking
that it's harmful.

Fix:
1. Boot the computer using your winxp cd.
2. Press r to enter the Recovery Console when required.
3. At the command prompt type:

cd system32

4. Then type:

copy userinit.exe wsaupdater.exe

5. Then type:

exit

Reboot normally. You should now be able to logon. But you're not done
yet.

6. Run regedit (start>run>regedit)

7. Locate the "Userinit" key in:

NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\

8. modify the entry:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\wsaupdater.exe,

so that it reads:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\userinit.exe,

Note: Make sure the comma (,) is included at the end of userinit.exe

--
William

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

kartik wrote:

> hi everybody
> can anybody help me, my windows xp is logging on and logging of immediately
> and the log on screen appears, after i log on again then again the same
> problem happens.
> i tried to boot in the safe mode but there also this problem is there.
> i also tried the last good configuration in boot options but it wont help.
> plz help me, what should i do now?
> thanks

Have you recently removed any spyware? See this link:

Unable to Log On To Windows XP After Removing wsaupdater.exe
http://www.lavasofthelp.com/articles/v6/04/06/0901.html

If that doesn’t help see this:
A User Logon Request Is Rejected Without Any Messages
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=313322

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

I am having the same problem as Katrik (happened after removing a virus and
spyware). I have tried the suggested fix with no luck and am now stuck. The
file mentioned in the lavasoft link is not present on my machine. I have
edited the registry key c:\windows\systems32\currentversion\winlogon, with no
luck as well. I am about to resort to formatting and re-loading windows, but
would prefer another option.

Any suggestions would be welcome.