I am trying to copy my resume to cd rw drive and the file is html file the cd
is a rw 650mb cd and file size that I am trying to copy is 14.1 kb it is a
new cd every time I try it give me an error message.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Frederick Dick wrote:

> I am trying to copy my resume to cd rw drive and the file is html file the cd
> is a rw 650mb cd and file size that I am trying to copy is 14.1 kb it is a
> new cd every time I try it give me an error message.

What's the error? Have you tried a different disk? Can you write /
have you written other files to this CD? How are you trying to write
the file to CD?

Help folks here help you by providing enough information.

Making Good Newsgroup Posts
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Frederick Dick" wrote:
I tryed 3 new read/write 650mb high speed 4x - 10x cd and different types of
files the error I am when it to write is cannot complete the cd writing
wizard then is says
there was an error in the writing process. the disc you have attempted to
write may no longer be usable.

> I am trying to copy my resume to cd rw drive and the file is html file the cd
> is a rw 650mb cd and file size that I am trying to copy is 14.1 kb it is a
> new cd every time I try it give me an error message.

RW stands for ReWritable. You may be needing to format it, BUT the error
message is a clue to what the problem is. If you want someone to help,
you need to say what the contents of the error message is.

Frederick Dick wrote:
> I am trying to copy my resume to cd rw drive and the file is html file the cd
> is a rw 650mb cd and file size that I am trying to copy is 14.1 kb it is a
> new cd every time I try it give me an error message.

I tryed 3 new read/write 650mb high speed 4x - 10x cd.
And tryed copying different types of files.
the error I am getting when it to write is cannot complete the cd writing
wizard .
then it says

"Bob I" wrote:

> RW stands for ReWritable. You may be needing to format it, BUT the error
> message is a clue to what the problem is. If you want someone to help,
> you need to say what the contents of the error message is.
>
> Frederick Dick wrote:
> > I am trying to copy my resume to cd rw drive and the file is html file the cd
> > is a rw 650mb cd and file size that I am trying to copy is 14.1 kb it is a
> > new cd every time I try it give me an error message.

I tryed 3 new read/write 650mb high speed 4x - 10x cd.
and tryed different types of files.
the error I am getting when it trys to write is

"Rock" wrote:

> Frederick Dick wrote:
>
> > I am trying to copy my resume to cd rw drive and the file is html file the cd
> > is a rw 650mb cd and file size that I am trying to copy is 14.1 kb it is a
> > new cd every time I try it give me an error message.
>
> What's the error? Have you tried a different disk? Can you write /
> have you written other files to this CD? How are you trying to write
> the file to CD?
>
> Help folks here help you by providing enough information.
>
> Making Good Newsgroup Posts
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:18:02 -0700, "Frederick Dick"
<FrederickDick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>> I am trying to copy my resume to cd rw drive and the file is html file the cd
>> is a rw 650mb cd and file size that I am trying to copy is 14.1 kb it is a
>> new cd every time I try it give me an error message.
>
>"Frederick Dick" wrote:
>I tryed 3 new read/write 650mb high speed 4x - 10x cd and different types of
>files the error I am when it to write is cannot complete the cd writing
>wizard then is says
>there was an error in the writing process. the disc you have attempted to
>write may no longer be usable.

How are you trying to "save" to the CDRW? Are you using the File/Save
method? If so, it won't work. You can't use the CDRW like a big
floppy unless you have third-party software capable of packet-writing
installed.

Well when I first bought this vaio tower It ask me to make a recovery cd. I
use the sony cd-rw high speed drive 4x-10x 650mb stated below an it burn
every thing on c: drive fine. I also notice that I can't music ether know.

"NobodyMan" wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:18:02 -0700, "Frederick Dick"
> <FrederickDick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

> >> I am trying to copy my resume to cd rw drive and the file is html file the cd
> >> is a rw 650mb cd and file size that I am trying to copy is 14.1 kb it is a
> >> new cd every time I try it give me an error message.
> >
> >"Frederick Dick" wrote:
> >I tryed 3 new read/write 650mb high speed 4x - 10x cd and different types of
> >files the error I am when it to write is cannot complete the cd writing
> >wizard then is says
> >there was an error in the writing process. the disc you have attempted to
> >write may no longer be usable.
> >
> How are you trying to "save" to the CDRW? Are you using the File/Save
> method? If so, it won't work. You can't use the CDRW like a big
> floppy unless you have third-party software capable of packet-writing
> installed.

Hi,

Have you used these disks before?

--