welcome page problem!!

i've reinstalled xp on a pc that had xp but with some files missing.this went
thru without probs and i put two user names in but with no passwords.now when
i start the pc it gets to the welcome page and asks for passwords.i've tried
pressing 'control+all+del' and typing 'administrator' and leaving the
password box blank but all i get is a message box saying i can't be logged in
because 'the specifieddomain either does not exist or cannot be contacted'.
it's driving me round the twist!!! can anyone help?
--
thanx , ziggy
3 answers Last reply

    Try tapping the F8 key on starting or restarting computer,select safe mode,
    enter xp as administrator,open users accounts in control panel,select,change
    the way a user logs on,edit.You could also,temp change the account to
    limited,
    restart computer,then change back to desired setting(s).If xp has corrupted
    /missing files,then install xp cd,exit the info page,go to run,type:cmd In
    cmd
    type:Sfc /Scannow

    "ziggy23" wrote:

    > i've reinstalled xp on a pc that had xp but with some files missing.this went
    > thru without probs and i put two user names in but with no passwords.now when
    > i start the pc it gets to the welcome page and asks for passwords.i've tried
    > pressing 'control+all+del' and typing 'administrator' and leaving the
    > password box blank but all i get is a message box saying i can't be logged in
    > because 'the specifieddomain either does not exist or cannot be contacted'.
    > it's driving me round the twist!!! can anyone help?
    > --
    > thanx , ziggy

    Select one of the user names.

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "ziggy23" <ziggy23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i've reinstalled xp on a pc that had xp but with some files missing.this
    > went
    > thru without probs and i put two user names in but with no passwords.now
    > when
    > i start the pc it gets to the welcome page and asks for passwords.i've
    > tried
    > pressing 'control+all+del' and typing 'administrator' and leaving the
    > password box blank but all i get is a message box saying i can't be logged
    > in
    > because 'the specifieddomain either does not exist or cannot be
    > contacted'.
    > it's driving me round the twist!!! can anyone help?
    > --
    > thanx , ziggy

    This won't help as he described.

    --

    > Try tapping the F8 key on starting or restarting computer,select safe
    > mode,
    > enter xp as administrator,open users accounts in control
    > panel,select,change
    > the way a user logs on,edit.You could also,temp change the account to
    > limited,
    > restart computer,then change back to desired setting(s).If xp has
    > corrupted
    > /missing files,then install xp cd,exit the info page,go to run,type:cmd
    > In
    > cmd
    > type:Sfc /Scannow
    >
    > "ziggy23" wrote:
    >
    >> i've reinstalled xp on a pc that had xp but with some files missing.this
    >> went
    >> thru without probs and i put two user names in but with no passwords.now
    >> when
    >> i start the pc it gets to the welcome page and asks for passwords.i've
    >> tried
    >> pressing 'control+all+del' and typing 'administrator' and leaving the
    >> password box blank but all i get is a message box saying i can't be
    >> logged in
    >> because 'the specifieddomain either does not exist or cannot be
    >> contacted'.
    >> it's driving me round the twist!!! can anyone help?
    >> --
    >> thanx , ziggy

Microsoft Windows XP