welcome page problem!!

i've reinstalled xp on a pc that had xp but with some files missing.this went
thru without probs and i put two user names in but with no passwords.now when
i start the pc it gets to the welcome page and asks for passwords.i've tried
pressing 'control+all+del' and typing 'administrator' and leaving the
password box blank but all i get is a message box saying i can't be logged in
because 'the specifieddomain either does not exist or cannot be contacted'.
it's driving me round the twist!!! can anyone help?
--
thanx , ziggy

Try tapping the F8 key on starting or restarting computer,select safe mode,
enter xp as administrator,open users accounts in control panel,select,change
the way a user logs on,edit.You could also,temp change the account to
limited,
restart computer,then change back to desired setting(s).If xp has corrupted
/missing files,then install xp cd,exit the info page,go to run,type:cmd In
cmd
type:Sfc /Scannow

"ziggy23" wrote:

> i've reinstalled xp on a pc that had xp but with some files missing.this went
> thru without probs and i put two user names in but with no passwords.now when
> i start the pc it gets to the welcome page and asks for passwords.i've tried
> pressing 'control+all+del' and typing 'administrator' and leaving the
> password box blank but all i get is a message box saying i can't be logged in
> because 'the specifieddomain either does not exist or cannot be contacted'.
> it's driving me round the twist!!! can anyone help?
> --
> thanx , ziggy

kelly

Select one of the user names.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"ziggy23" <ziggy23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i've reinstalled xp on a pc that had xp but with some files missing.this
> went
> thru without probs and i put two user names in but with no passwords.now
> when
> i start the pc it gets to the welcome page and asks for passwords.i've
> tried
> pressing 'control+all+del' and typing 'administrator' and leaving the
> password box blank but all i get is a message box saying i can't be logged
> in
> because 'the specifieddomain either does not exist or cannot be
> contacted'.
> it's driving me round the twist!!! can anyone help?
> --
> thanx , ziggy

kelly

This won't help as he described.