Mmmbacon,

I believe you asked a question about fonts in this group a while back
but I can't seem to locate it. If you're still looking, I *may* have
run across something that would be useful to you either as a place to
download them from or as comments concerning such site(s). The latter
may have been in alt.comp.freeware or alt.comp.freeware.discussion.
The former could have been in something I saw by chance at the FSLabs
(?) site or somewhere on sourceforge looking into parity files. Or at
some gaming or "old computer" related site in which case it's unlikely
I'd remember where even if I did recognize that what you were after
was something I'd seen.

Cheers,

BEH

Blue Event Horizon <invalid@nospamneeded.com> wrote in

> Mmmbacon,
>
> I believe you asked a question about fonts in this group a while back
> but I can't seem to locate it. If you're still looking, I *may* have
> run across something that would be useful to you either as a place to
> download them from or as comments concerning such site(s). The latter
> may have been in alt.comp.freeware or alt.comp.freeware.discussion.
> The former could have been in something I saw by chance at the FSLabs
> (?) site or somewhere on sourceforge looking into parity files. Or at
> some gaming or "old computer" related site in which case it's unlikely
> I'd remember where even if I did recognize that what you were after
> was something I'd seen.
>
> Cheers,
>
> BEH

Sure, was basically just looking for the old original early PC fonts....

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 22:45:49 -0500, Mmmbacon <baconscans@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Blue Event Horizon <invalid@nospamneeded.com> wrote in
>
>> Mmmbacon,
>>
>> I believe you asked a question about fonts in this group a while back
>> but I can't seem to locate it. If you're still looking, I *may* have
>> run across something that would be useful to you either as a place to
>> download them from or as comments concerning such site(s). The latter
>> may have been in alt.comp.freeware or alt.comp.freeware.discussion.
>> The former could have been in something I saw by chance at the FSLabs
>> (?) site or somewhere on sourceforge looking into parity files. Or at
>> some gaming or "old computer" related site in which case it's unlikely
>> I'd remember where even if I did recognize that what you were after
>> was something I'd seen.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> BEH
>>

>Sure, was basically just looking for the old original early PC fonts....

Fluid Studios (not FSLabs) was what I meant earlier; something I
noticed vaguely in glancing through the freeware page.

Not being very techy or ever downloading fonts I don't have much to
add. I know I've seen what you seem to be looking for somewhere in
the past in older computer or computer game related sights.

I imagine you've already tried search engines plus know better how to
pick search terms for what you are looking for. I tried a couple
terms and the first hit for "freeware early PC fonts" was
http://cgm.cs.mcgill.ca/~luc/freefonts.html which seems to be links to
archives of early (and probably other) fonts. If you haven't tried a
search engine or two I'd certainly suggest doing that. "early PC
font archives, freeware" might be a good search term.

alt.comp.freeware would be a good place to check out/ask also.
Likely a search of Usenet groups could turn up some better
possibilities to check for information.

Hope something in here is helpful.

Happy Hunting,

BEH