Compaq 5000

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
I have a old compag 5000 taht had a vanta lt agp video card. The card is acting strange and is causing freezes while using any type of video. I want to relace it with a newer card. What agp card should I get that would work with this system. Newer ones seem to have different pin setup so they will not fit in the agp slot. Thank Bruce

compaq 5000
750 duron
128 sdram
8 meg nvidia tnt " old Card"

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
No, all Athlon/Duron boards have been AGP4x or (later than yours) AGP8x. Read the new article at <A HREF="http://www.sysopt.com" target="_new">Sysopt</A> and find out why nearly any card will work.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
BTW, your power supply is probably too weak for anything that draws more power than the GeForce4 Ti4200. The ATI Radeon 9600 Pro draws less power than the Ti4200 and should work fine.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>