Looking for a laptop for school, no gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

1_What is your budget?
as low as possible.

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
doesn't matter, i'm not picky.

3_What screen resolution do you want?
nothing too bad but not picky.

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable.

5_How much battery life do you need?
presumably a few hours but no exact number. i need to be able to take it to classes.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
no games.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)
storing photos, music, video files. internet. itunes, skype, p2p program. word processing, movie maker, stuff like that which normally comes with. that's literally all i can think of.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
i don't know what that means.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
---

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
6 years.

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.
i am just looking for a very basic laptop that will last a long time.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
i would prefer dell because i have always used them but i don't care.

13_What country do you live in?
canada.

melorock

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
Can you be a little bit more specific on your price? It'll make the difference whether to recommend a notebook or a netbook.

You can get a nice notebook for sub $500, however if you go much lower, you will see mostly netbooks.

H.D.D means hard drive disk capacity. This bigger this is, the more data you can store.

You may also check out education discounts. Just go to delluniversity.com, give them your student edu. email for verification, and you can get (I think) around 10% discount on some laptops.

Since you specifically asked for Dells, here are some. If you do the education discount, it'll be even cheaper

http://www.dell.com/business/laptops?~ck=mn#subcats=inspnnb&navla=&a=

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.