ANN: Tads 3 - BattleSim Demo v. 250

Hello all,

This is to announce a demo game regarding combat!

All I ask is that you try it out.

My url is: http://home.earthlink.net/~mortral

The site only contains one file.....it contains both the .t3 image game
along
with the source code to it.

Remember:

Is this an IF game emulating an RPG?

OR

Is this an RPG emulating an IF game?

You be the judge............. :)

James

--
The mad programmer strikes again.......

James M.

Klywarre (The Avatar) wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> This is to announce a demo game regarding combat!
>
> All I ask is that you try it out.

[snip]

I did. I had fun routing those monsters out. Maybe a few more spells
would enhance it :) Or setting some of those options as hyperlinks.

But then again it *is* a demo of the combat system, so...

> Remember:
>
> Is this an IF game emulating an RPG?
>
> OR
>
> Is this an RPG emulating an IF game?
>
> You be the judge............. :)

I'd say the former. The sounds definitely prove that :)

(Too much console RPGs on my mind)

--Arnel

Arnel Legaspi wrote:

>Klywarre (The Avatar) wrote:
>

>>Hello all,
>>
>>This is to announce a demo game regarding combat!
>>
>>All I ask is that you try it out.
>>

>[snip]
>
>I did. I had fun routing those monsters out. Maybe a few more spells
>would enhance it :) Or setting some of those options as hyperlinks.
>
>But then again it *is* a demo of the combat system, so...
>

>>Remember:
>>
>> Is this an IF game emulating an RPG?
>>
>>OR
>>
>> Is this an RPG emulating an IF game?
>>
>>You be the judge............. :)
>>

>I'd say the former. The sounds definitely prove that :)
>
>(Too much console RPGs on my mind)
>
>--Arnel

I am very glad you liked it. It took nearly a whole year to write and
debug it -- which was version 1.06, since beginning of this year, I did
made a few changes, like the combat music and the 'fake' death.

O'course, the combat and all the different types of combat is currently
in my still wip game. A special status line with various hyperlinks
will be included. However, the combat's 'command' are a little
different to hyperlink on -- just check the code regarding the parsering
of the players command line found within the BattleSim object itself.

Again, glad you enjoyed it --- thanks --- James