Closed

Accidentally Deleted "My Pictures" Folder

July 12, 2005 10:11:02 PM

I accidentally deleted the "My Pictures" folder on my hard drive. I tried to
create a new one, but the Windows Screen Saver that shuffles through My
Pictures is not recognizing the folder I created. I assume that this is
because I deleted a systems folder. Is there a way to get back the real "My
Pictures" folder and/or settings?

Thank you,
--
YoYao
Anonymous

One thing that you could try is to create a new user profile. Then all you
have to do is copy all of your USER data from the old profile to the new that
you just created. If you need help doing this you can refer to the KB article
of 811151. Or you can just copy this link into the address bar of Internet
Explorer. Then follow it step by step.

"YoYao" wrote:

> I accidentally deleted the "My Pictures" folder on my hard drive. I tried to
> create a new one, but the Windows Screen Saver that shuffles through My
> Pictures is not recognizing the folder I created. I assume that this is
> because I deleted a systems folder. Is there a way to get back the real "My
> Pictures" folder and/or settings?
>
> Thank you,
> --
> YoYao
July 13, 2005 3:22:02 AM

Hi,

You need to make the changes here: Start/Run/Regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell
Folders

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"YoYao" <YoYao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 7736554-D4D8-41F8-87A9-5EBD3D016E5B@microsoft.com...
>I accidentally deleted the "My Pictures" folder on my hard drive. I tried
> create a new one, but the Windows Screen Saver that shuffles through My
> Pictures is not recognizing the folder I created. I assume that this is
> because I deleted a systems folder. Is there a way to get back the real
> "My
> Pictures" folder and/or settings?
>
> Thank you,
> --
> YoYao
July 13, 2005 12:43:49 PM

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:11:02 -0700, "YoYao"
<YoYao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I accidentally deleted the "My Pictures" folder on my hard drive. I tried to
>create a new one, but the Windows Screen Saver that shuffles through My
>Pictures is not recognizing the folder I created. I assume that this is
>because I deleted a systems folder. Is there a way to get back the real "My
>Pictures" folder and/or settings?
>
>Thank you,

Did you look for it in the Trashcan? Did you try to restore it from
the Trashcan?

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread.
If you must reply via email, remove the obvious
from my email address before sending.
January 7, 2010 2:28:01 PM

Hi... I want help you to solve your problem...you can try to use photo recovery software to restore accidentally deleted folders on your hard drive. I have used a program called JPG File Recovery.

Google it, think there is a free trial on their website.

I have only used it once so am not to clued up on how the software fully functions.
May 26, 2010 5:36:51 AM

227772,3,68164 said:

Hi,

You need to make the changes here: Start/Run/Regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell
Folders

in Shell Folders set the value data of My Pictures to the address "C:\Documents and Settings\....\My Documents\My Pictures"
in The user shell folders leave the value of My pictures blank
December 21, 2010 5:30:13 PM

This topic has been closed by Aford10
!