Closed

Accidentally Deleted "My Pictures" Folder

I accidentally deleted the "My Pictures" folder on my hard drive. I tried to
create a new one, but the Windows Screen Saver that shuffles through My
Pictures is not recognizing the folder I created. I assume that this is
because I deleted a systems folder. Is there a way to get back the real "My
Pictures" folder and/or settings?

Thank you,
--
YoYao
6 answers Last reply

    One thing that you could try is to create a new user profile. Then all you
    have to do is copy all of your USER data from the old profile to the new that
    you just created. If you need help doing this you can refer to the KB article
    of 811151. Or you can just copy this link into the address bar of Internet
    Explorer. Then follow it step by step.

    "YoYao" wrote:

    > I accidentally deleted the "My Pictures" folder on my hard drive. I tried to
    > create a new one, but the Windows Screen Saver that shuffles through My
    > Pictures is not recognizing the folder I created. I assume that this is
    > because I deleted a systems folder. Is there a way to get back the real "My
    > Pictures" folder and/or settings?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > --
    > YoYao

    Hi,

    You need to make the changes here: Start/Run/Regedit

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
    Shell Folders
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell
    Folders

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "YoYao" <YoYao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I accidentally deleted the "My Pictures" folder on my hard drive. I tried
    > create a new one, but the Windows Screen Saver that shuffles through My
    > Pictures is not recognizing the folder I created. I assume that this is
    > because I deleted a systems folder. Is there a way to get back the real
    > "My
    > Pictures" folder and/or settings?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > --
    > YoYao

    On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:11:02 -0700, "YoYao"
    <YoYao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I accidentally deleted the "My Pictures" folder on my hard drive. I tried to
    >create a new one, but the Windows Screen Saver that shuffles through My
    >Pictures is not recognizing the folder I created. I assume that this is
    >because I deleted a systems folder. Is there a way to get back the real "My
    >Pictures" folder and/or settings?
    >
    >Thank you,

    Did you look for it in the Trashcan? Did you try to restore it from
    the Trashcan?

    Donald L McDaniel
    Please reply to the original thread.
    If you must reply via email, remove the obvious
    from my email address before sending.

    Hi,

    You need to make the changes here: Start/Run/Regedit

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
    Shell Folders
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell
    Folders

    in Shell Folders set the value data of My Pictures to the address "C:\Documents and Settings\....\My Documents\My Pictures"
    in The user shell folders leave the value of My pictures blank
  5. This topic has been closed by Aford10

Microsoft Hard Drives Windows XP