browny

hi,
just upgraded my ram by 512mb :)
so now my total ram is 448 (loooong story!)
but then im wondering what i should do to the paging file, this is what it
shows

minimum allowed: 2MB
recommended: 670MB
currently allocated:144MB

is all that cool or will there have to be settings changed, if settings do
have to be changed could you please tell me how

cheers

Browny wrote:
> hi,
> just upgraded my ram by 512mb :)
> so now my total ram is 448 (loooong story!)
> but then im wondering what i should do to the paging file, this is
> what it shows
>
> minimum allowed: 2MB
> recommended: 670MB
> currently allocated:144MB
>
> is all that cool or will there have to be settings changed, if
> settings do have to be changed could you please tell me how

Set it to be controlled by Windows.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Browny wrote:

> hi,
> just upgraded my ram by 512mb :)
> so now my total ram is 448 (loooong story!)
> but then im wondering what i should do to the paging file, this is what it
> shows
>
> minimum allowed: 2MB
> recommended: 670MB
> currently allocated:144MB
>
> is all that cool or will there have to be settings changed, if settings do
> have to be changed could you please tell me how
>
> cheers

See this article on virtual memory and setting the page file by the late
Alex Nichol, MVP: http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User