Internet explorer disappeared???

I did a little clean-up and then disk defrag last night. I am pretty sure i
did not delete internet explorer but now all of the explorer icons and links
are gone. notheing on the desktop, start menu, or programs area of my
computer. I know it still works because i have a shortcut to a favorite
website on my desktop and it will open and I can then navigate from that
window but I have no place to access just IE and my homepage from ?

Any help would be appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about internet explorer disappeared

    Hi,

    Right click the desktop, choose properties. On the desktop tab, click on
    customize desktop, you can re-add the IE icon here.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "macguyver" <macguyver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I did a little clean-up and then disk defrag last night. I am pretty sure
    > did not delete internet explorer but now all of the explorer icons and
    > links
    > are gone. notheing on the desktop, start menu, or programs area of my
    > computer. I know it still works because i have a shortcut to a favorite
    > website on my desktop and it will open and I can then navigate from that
    > window but I have no place to access just IE and my homepage from ?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    Which tool did you use to clean up with? Note: Defrag isn't needed with XP
    if using NTFS. In the meantime, see if this helps:

    HTM/HTML Fix for Windows XP
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/fileassoc/html_association_fix.zip

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "macguyver" <macguyver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I did a little clean-up and then disk defrag last night. I am pretty sure
    > did not delete internet explorer but now all of the explorer icons and
    > links
    > are gone. notheing on the desktop, start menu, or programs area of my
    > computer. I know it still works because i have a shortcut to a favorite
    > website on my desktop and it will open and I can then navigate from that
    > window but I have no place to access just IE and my homepage from ?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    After sticking her head out from her XP firewall, Kelly had this to say:

    > Which tool did you use to clean up with? Note: Defrag isn't needed with
    > XP
    > if using NTFS.

    Kelly, are you suggesting that NTFS doesn't fragment or do you have some
    other utility in mind for defragging a NTFS drive?

    --
    Still running XP (The Toy Operating System eXPerience)?
    Kiddies, don't forget to defrag your hard drive & update your virus

Internet Explorer Desktops Windows XP