Internet explorer disappeared???

I did a little clean-up and then disk defrag last night. I am pretty sure i
did not delete internet explorer but now all of the explorer icons and links
are gone. notheing on the desktop, start menu, or programs area of my
computer. I know it still works because i have a shortcut to a favorite
website on my desktop and it will open and I can then navigate from that
window but I have no place to access just IE and my homepage from ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

Right click the desktop, choose properties. On the desktop tab, click on
customize desktop, you can re-add the IE icon here.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"macguyver" <macguyver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I did a little clean-up and then disk defrag last night. I am pretty sure
> did not delete internet explorer but now all of the explorer icons and
> links
> are gone. notheing on the desktop, start menu, or programs area of my
> computer. I know it still works because i have a shortcut to a favorite
> website on my desktop and it will open and I can then navigate from that
> window but I have no place to access just IE and my homepage from ?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

kelly

Which tool did you use to clean up with? Note: Defrag isn't needed with XP
if using NTFS. In the meantime, see if this helps:

HTM/HTML Fix for Windows XP
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/fileassoc/html_association_fix.zip

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"macguyver" <macguyver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I did a little clean-up and then disk defrag last night. I am pretty sure
> did not delete internet explorer but now all of the explorer icons and
> links
> are gone. notheing on the desktop, start menu, or programs area of my
> computer. I know it still works because i have a shortcut to a favorite
> website on my desktop and it will open and I can then navigate from that
> window but I have no place to access just IE and my homepage from ?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

After sticking her head out from her XP firewall, Kelly had this to say:

> Which tool did you use to clean up with? Note: Defrag isn't needed with
> XP
> if using NTFS.

Kelly, are you suggesting that NTFS doesn't fragment or do you have some
other utility in mind for defragging a NTFS drive?

--
Still running XP (The Toy Operating System eXPerience)?
Kiddies, don't forget to defrag your hard drive & update your virus

TRENDING THREADS