Return to Ditch Day

A couple of questions:
One, any general suggestions on how to solve the computer password
stack?
Two, how do I get the spy camera? I've gone down to the wiring room and
identified the correct wire, but I can't disconnect it from the wall.
Three, where is the entrance to these steam tunnels everyone else keeps
referencing?
Four, I can't seem to discover where to even begin the "mystery
subplot."

Looking for small hints or nudges to these questions. No outright
spoilers. Thank you for your help.

"mystified77" wrote:

There may not actually be any spoilers here, I've added some spoiler space
just in case.

> One, any general suggestions on how to solve the computer password
> stack?

I've almost managed to solve this one, but... it's a program, and you have
to figure
out what each hex digit does - does it load a value into a register, store
it into memory,
jump, print the value out, or what? Take a little more time and try simple
passwords
to begin with. And think about the results it shows.

> Two, how do I get the spy camera? I've gone down to the wiring room and
> identified the correct wire, but I can't disconnect it from the wall.

You can't get the camera.

> Three, where is the entrance to these steam tunnels everyone else keeps
> referencing?

Have you looked around in the basement? Seen a pile of scrap wood somewhere?
Take a closer look around there.

> Four, I can't seem to discover where to even begin the "mystery
> subplot."

The "mystery subplot" begins with the spy camera. You've already begun on
it,
since you've managed to trace the wire to the wiring room. The subplot
continues
in the steam tunnels.

--
Rioshin an'Harthen