allen

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Just want to know if WinXP handles memory well. I noticed that some games
run much better with mem-manager turned off. Mem-manager came with WinCleaner
complete pc care. I have had no problems with letting XP handle ( manage )
768 megs ram w/ pent. 4 processor. Is it better to just let WinXP do it's
own memory management ?

Hi,

Let WinXP handle it and avoid memory management utilities like the plague.
It is significantly better than its predecessors in handling virtual memory.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Allen" <Allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just want to know if WinXP handles memory well. I noticed that some games
> run much better with mem-manager turned off. Mem-manager came with
> WinCleaner
> complete pc care. I have had no problems with letting XP handle ( manage )
> 768 megs ram w/ pent. 4 processor. Is it better to just let WinXP do it's
> own memory management ?

allen

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007