I am having a problem with remote assistance.no one can send me invitations
it instantly cancels it and says that I either dont have it enable or
installed.likewise I cant send invitations for remote assistance.I do have it
activated and I even have windows firewall turned off becauise I have a
personal firewall of my own I prefer to use.and that firewall has been set to
allow remote assistance.a freiend has told em that there should be 2 boxes on
the remote tab in system info.I only have one box that basically says allow
this machine to send remote assistance invitations.but thats all that is
there.is there something that I am missing.this friend of mine has sp2 and so
do I we both have windows messenger and that is how we send the
invitations.but I can not even try to accept them it just continueously says
that I dont have remote assistance installed or enabled.please explain this
and help me with this.

The other is remote desktop, which lets you access your computer anywhere.
xp home doesnt have that.
"Brokensoul" <Brokensoul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having a problem with remote assistance.no one can send me invitations
> it instantly cancels it and says that I either dont have it enable or
> installed.likewise I cant send invitations for remote assistance.I do have
> it
> activated and I even have windows firewall turned off becauise I have a
> personal firewall of my own I prefer to use.and that firewall has been set
> allow remote assistance.a freiend has told em that there should be 2 boxes
> on
> the remote tab in system info.I only have one box that basically says
> allow
> this machine to send remote assistance invitations.but thats all that is
> there.is there something that I am missing.this friend of mine has sp2 and
> so
> do I we both have windows messenger and that is how we send the
> invitations.but I can not even try to accept them it just continueously
> says
> that I dont have remote assistance installed or enabled.please explain
> this
> and help me with this.

actually yes it does I have found the exe for it by searching for it.and my
friend that I spoke of also has XP home and he has that second check box
there.and if thats not the problem then what is?y even though I have
everything as it should be to use remote assistance can I not send
invitations nor recieve them do to it continueously saying that I dont have
it installed or enabled?please help me fix this I really need it on so I can
help my friend.