I installed 2 modems to handle separate applications (Winfax 10.03/Act!
6.03). This arrangement worked great on my old machine. I installed the same
modems into my new machine and can not get them to work properly; Winfax will
dial some of the time and Act! never dials. Zoom is the modem mfr. Device
manager, modem query, ect all indicate each modem is working properly,
but...Any ideas? Thanks

Are the modems and their drivers XP certified?

some support

"grif" <grif@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I installed 2 modems to handle separate applications
(Winfax 10.03/Act!
| 6.03). This arrangement worked great on my old machine. I
installed the same
| modems into my new machine and can not get them to work
properly; Winfax will
| dial some of the time and Act! never dials. Zoom is the
modem mfr. Device
| manager, modem query, ect all indicate each modem is
working properly,
| but...Any ideas? Thanks

Hello Jim,
I don't think so. However, what makes this a mystery is the fact that I had
this configuration working fine on an older machine. Both running XP Pro (and
I am sure SP2 on both machines)
You are right about the Constitution. It was never intended to be a "living
document"

"Jim Macklin" wrote:

> Are the modems and their drivers XP certified?

> some support
> http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
>

> "grif" <grif@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I installed 2 modems to handle separate applications
> (Winfax 10.03/Act!
> | 6.03). This arrangement worked great on my old machine. I
> installed the same
> | modems into my new machine and can not get them to work
> properly; Winfax will
> | dial some of the time and Act! never dials. Zoom is the
> modem mfr. Device
> | manager, modem query, ect all indicate each modem is
> working properly,
> | but...Any ideas? Thanks

Sorry, I can't be of more help with the modem problem,
perhaps it is a BIOS/mobo issue.

As far as "the living document" claims about the
Constitution... It is "alive" as far as it can be formally
amended. But it was not intended to be altered by whim. It
was expected to be adapted to new technologies; free speech
and press have been expanded to include the Internet, email
and blogs as well as radio and TV. Likewise, the guarantee
of the right to keep and bear personal arms such as sabers,
muzzleloaders and ammunition expands to include
breach-loaders, self-loaders, fixed ammunition, smokeless
powder ammunition, it was not intended to contract to
prohibit 50 caliber rifles (in 1776 69 and 80 caliber
muskets were common) or ban new firearms.

| Hello Jim,
| I don't think so. However, what makes this a mystery is
the fact that I had
| this configuration working fine on an older machine. Both
running XP Pro (and
| I am sure SP2 on both machines)
| You are right about the Constitution. It was never
intended to be a "living
| document"
|
| "Jim Macklin" wrote:
|
| > Are the modems and their drivers XP certified?
| >

| > --
| > some support
| > http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
| >

| > "grif" <grif@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

| > |I installed 2 modems to handle separate applications
| > (Winfax 10.03/Act!
| > | 6.03). This arrangement worked great on my old
machine. I
| > installed the same
| > | modems into my new machine and can not get them to
work
| > properly; Winfax will
| > | dial some of the time and Act! never dials. Zoom is
the
| > modem mfr. Device
| > | manager, modem query, ect all indicate each modem is
| > working properly,
| > | but...Any ideas? Thanks

I do similar on XP Pro. Make sure that both modems are NOT trying to share
IRQ's. PCI is good(bad) for that . In my case One modem is ISA that I
specifically set its IRQ and memI/O. The other is PCI and I let windows
handle that. Also, remember that com 1 and 3 and 2 and 4 are 'tied'
together. Make sure that one is com 1 or 3 and the other is com 2 or 4.
PATOPP