installing games to pc

when I install games that I have bought, it installs fine. Then, everytime I
try to play the games, it says I have to install the cd in the disk drive. Is
there a way to override this so that I don't have to install the disc
everytime? I have also borrowed cds from friends who do not have that problem
on their computers. It is XP. Any help would be appreciated..thank you.

tammy wrote:

> when I install games that I have bought, it installs fine. Then, everytime I
> try to play the games, it says I have to install the cd in the disk drive. Is
> there a way to override this so that I don't have to install the disc
> everytime? I have also borrowed cds from friends who do not have that problem
> on their computers. It is XP. Any help would be appreciated..thank you.

SOME games are written that way in order to make sure a seperate CD is
purchased for each computer in acordance with the End User License
Agreement (EULA). When the CD is verified EACH time the game is loaded
people are unable to continue to use the game at one household after the
CD has been taken to another household.

You don't mention if the SAME game titles are running without the CD
check on your freind's computers. PLEASE don't blame Windows XP for the
differences unless the same title AND version is behaving differently on
two different operating systems. Even if the same titles are involved,
some differences in application operation may be the result of the user
privledges management features in Windows XP. To prevent unwanted
applications from making mischief, Windows XP restricts some user
classes from creating or changeing files in some of the standard
folders. Some applications written for earlier operating systems attempt
to utilize those folders.

Thank you for replying. Turns out that I had to install each game separately
as opposed to one unit. I really appreciate your feedback!