installing games to pc

when I install games that I have bought, it installs fine. Then, everytime I
try to play the games, it says I have to install the cd in the disk drive. Is
there a way to override this so that I don't have to install the disc
everytime? I have also borrowed cds from friends who do not have that problem
on their computers. It is XP. Any help would be appreciated..thank you.
2 answers Last reply
More about installing games

    tammy wrote:

    > when I install games that I have bought, it installs fine. Then, everytime I
    > try to play the games, it says I have to install the cd in the disk drive. Is
    > there a way to override this so that I don't have to install the disc
    > everytime? I have also borrowed cds from friends who do not have that problem
    > on their computers. It is XP. Any help would be appreciated..thank you.

    SOME games are written that way in order to make sure a seperate CD is
    purchased for each computer in acordance with the End User License
    Agreement (EULA). When the CD is verified EACH time the game is loaded
    people are unable to continue to use the game at one household after the
    CD has been taken to another household.

    You don't mention if the SAME game titles are running without the CD
    check on your freind's computers. PLEASE don't blame Windows XP for the
    differences unless the same title AND version is behaving differently on
    two different operating systems. Even if the same titles are involved,
    some differences in application operation may be the result of the user
    privledges management features in Windows XP. To prevent unwanted
    applications from making mischief, Windows XP restricts some user
    classes from creating or changeing files in some of the standard
    folders. Some applications written for earlier operating systems attempt
    to utilize those folders.

    Thank you for replying. Turns out that I had to install each game separately
    as opposed to one unit. I really appreciate your feedback!

    "RobertVA" wrote:

    > tammy wrote:
    >
    > > when I install games that I have bought, it installs fine. Then, everytime I
    > > try to play the games, it says I have to install the cd in the disk drive. Is
    > > there a way to override this so that I don't have to install the disc
    > > everytime? I have also borrowed cds from friends who do not have that problem
    > > on their computers. It is XP. Any help would be appreciated..thank you.
    >
    > SOME games are written that way in order to make sure a seperate CD is
    > purchased for each computer in acordance with the End User License
    > Agreement (EULA). When the CD is verified EACH time the game is loaded
    > people are unable to continue to use the game at one household after the
    > CD has been taken to another household.
    >
    > You don't mention if the SAME game titles are running without the CD
    > check on your freind's computers. PLEASE don't blame Windows XP for the
    > differences unless the same title AND version is behaving differently on
    > two different operating systems. Even if the same titles are involved,
    > some differences in application operation may be the result of the user
    > privledges management features in Windows XP. To prevent unwanted
    > applications from making mischief, Windows XP restricts some user
    > classes from creating or changeing files in some of the standard
    > folders. Some applications written for earlier operating systems attempt
    > to utilize those folders.

Games Microsoft Video Games