Your question

Reboot and Select a Proper Boot Device

Tags:
  • Boot
  • Devices
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
September 14, 2012 12:46:11 PM

Hey there, I have recently encountered the infamous " Reboot and select proper boot device. " this occurred after I formatted my 500GB Hard Drive. I am a bit of a noob and I forgot that this would wipe off my windows too. I had lost the windows CD so I went to other means (torrenting, I know I'm a scumbag) to get the ISO of the Windows 7 Ultimate CD and burned Windows 7 to a DVD. Then I put the disk in and it won't boot. It just gives me the error message. I am currently trying to make a bootable USB drive and do it that way but I am doubtful that this will work. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and gotten it fixed because I am desperate for getting this fixed and really would appreciate any help or replies that this post gets. Thanks and Please Help Me! :D 

More about : reboot select proper boot device

a b $ Windows 7
September 14, 2012 2:38:46 PM

People here won't help someone that is using illegal software. Go out and buy a copy of Windows. We can't prove you ever had a legal copy of Windows and helping someone with illegal software is against the rules on Tom's.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 15, 2012 2:42:26 PM

It simple mistake that can be solved rather easy.... (If i'm not guessing wrong)

but sorry cannot help u since the win7 is not legit...
m
l
!