mullen1200

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2005
Probably about to buy this, was looking for any last minute warnings or anything, since you guys on here seem to be genius's with this stuff Heh. Anyways It will be used for gaming, and I don't think that should be a problem from I hear, but there aren't any reviews anywhere that I can find, for this monitor. BTW its free shipping, and buy.com has a 7 percent off all purchases coupon, plus its free shipping. Pretty nice deal, saw it on another board. I really didnt want to sound like I was advertising, but I wanted to let yall know if anyone was interested. Thanks in advance guys!

Edit: 12 month Replacement Plan $43.99
24 month Replacement Plan $59.99

either of them worth it? I really dont have experience with dead pixels or anything..

$430 for a 24" LCD monitor is a good price.

Here the link for everyone else:

Acer AL2416WBsd @ Buy.com

My problem with it is that it uses the "inferior" TN panel as opposed to the more expenisve S-PVA, P-MVA and S-IPS panels. TN panels are 6-bit, while the other I've mentioned are 8-bit panels.

TN panels are good for their cheap price and fast response times, but are generally bad for everything else, like viewing angles, color accuracy, dark blacks, image artifacts.

The 8-bit panels are the opposite, generally a little slower, more expensive, but superior to TN panels in all other apects.

A 6-bit 24" LCD panel is only 1ms faster than an 8-bit 24"LCD panel, but it's a cheap price to pay to join the 24" club.

Right now I'm kinda deciding between a 24" or 26" LCD monitor.

The two monitors I'm looking at are the BenQ FP241WZ and the Planar PX2611w.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014132

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16824016084&Tpk=px2611w

My current monitor is a Planar PX191, when I bought it 4 years ago Planar had the best LCD policy. There website explicitly stated a zero dead pixel return policy and free 2 day shipment of the replacement monitor. Free return shipping for the defective monitor as well. Unfortunately, they no longer have an explicit 0 dead pixel policy on their website or manual.

I'll most likely get the Planar since it's only about $200 more for a larger screen, and more importantly a S-IPS panel. It's also a bit faster to with a 5ms response time.