I Explorer intermittently crashes

My Internet Explorer crashes intermittently - usually when I am seeking some
kind of information, for example: flight schedules. The homepage will stay
open, but once the information has been collated I get the message: Internet
Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
inconvenience.
All open pages then close. I have adjusted security settings, gone through
the troubleshooting pages, but can't seem to fix this frustrating problem.
Is there something simple I can do to fix?

Not knowing anything, I instinctively answered...
You're being HACKED and somebody else will get your seat on the flight at your
expense! How'z your firewall?

"Steve Collins" <thequizard@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My Internet Explorer crashes intermittently - usually when I am
> seeking some kind of information, for example: flight schedules. The
> homepage will stay open, but once the information has been collated I
> get the message: Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and
> needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
> All open pages then close. I have adjusted security settings, gone
> through the troubleshooting pages, but can't seem to fix this
> frustrating problem. Is there something simple I can do to fix?

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Steve Collins wrote:

> My Internet Explorer crashes intermittently - usually when I am seeking some
> kind of information, for example: flight schedules. The homepage will stay
> open, but once the information has been collated I get the message: Internet
> Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
> inconvenience.
> All open pages then close. I have adjusted security settings, gone through
> the troubleshooting pages, but can't seem to fix this frustrating problem.
> Is there something simple I can do to fix?

Start with a thorough check for malware:

THE PARASITE FIGHT
Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

Richard Harper’s Guide to Cleaning Pests
http://rgharper.mvps.org/cleanit.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User