I finally finished Mischa Schweitzer's "Friday Afternoon" thanks to a
general comment atop some of the '97 reviews that "purloin" was
possible in some of the submitted games. I'm wondering though if there
is a more author-intended way of getting Benny's code from the printer.
The game's hints suggested putting paper in the printer but I was
never able to locate said paper. So...since the hints didn't work and
e-mailing the author for help- an option avidly promoted in another
thread- didn't either, I resorted to other means. But I'm curious,
where was the sheet of paper?
Thanks,

Ramona

Ramona White skrev:

> I finally finished Mischa Schweitzer's "Friday Afternoon" thanks to a
> general comment atop some of the '97 reviews that "purloin" was
> possible in some of the submitted games. I'm wondering though if there
> is a more author-intended way of getting Benny's code from the printer.
> The game's hints suggested putting paper in the printer but I was
> never able to locate said paper. So...since the hints didn't work and
> e-mailing the author for help- an option avidly promoted in another
> thread- didn't either, I resorted to other means. But I'm curious,
> where was the sheet of paper?

If "purloin paper" works, I would suppose that it's an Inform game
where the debugging commands haven't been turned off. Then
you can also use "tree paper", which will show you the current
location of the paper. However, the author may have designed it
so that the paper doesn't exist in the game until you perform
a certain action, like pushing a button or something. Worth
a try nonetheless.

/Fredrik