dial up keeps dropping

i have a dial up issue...it keeps stopping when my computer says :01 passed
the hour....i have tried everything...and so has my ISP...with no help...i
have Norten anti-virus...and use Onspeed....i tried disabling both with no
difference...it still shows that i am connected but i can't do anything with
it...getting pretty desperate...my modem is working fine by the way...every
one i have asked cant explain it....i need an experts advice....i am no
expert using a computer but i know pretty much what its about....also done
the usual spy-bot and ad-aware clean up....thanks anyone!!!

See if you find anything in Scheduled Tasks, or perhaps automatic
updates by Norton antivirus.