Sign in with
Your question

I can't boot anymore

Last response: in Windows 7
September 14, 2012 2:55:24 PM

So I had some problems with AVG antivirus, when booting my pc got stuck on booting the avg processes, so I removed them, then it got stuck on some other processes (like fvevol.sys or so) so I removed them too. After removing all processes that got stuck when booting, I couldn't boot at all! Every time I booted it automatically came in the boot manager, saying it could't restore my pc. :( 

How can I fix this? Please note that there's nothing wrong with my HDD, it's about one week old, all new. I also did not actually remove the processes, I transfered them to a USB stick.

And BTW, I still have acces to my HDD and bios

Thanks in advance :D 

More about : boot anymore

a c 354 $ Windows 7
September 14, 2012 3:11:09 PM

You can't just start removing files and expect things to run properly.

Re-install Windows or run a Repair Setup of Windows.
m
l
September 14, 2012 3:35:31 PM

Ugh. About the only you could do is reinstall windows. As a general rule of tumb NEVER remove .sys files.
m
l
Related resources
September 14, 2012 4:05:52 PM

I still have them I can put them back
m
l
a c 354 $ Windows 7
September 14, 2012 4:46:50 PM

iLikePizzas said:
I still have them I can put them back

Do that then. Does it boot in safe mode once you put the files back?

Even a new drive can be bad.
m
l
September 14, 2012 6:28:36 PM

If I'd put them back it would be stuck at booting, that's the problem. That's why I removed them. I can put them back, but except for one, I had to remove like 5 or 6 files, Unfortunately, I did not transfer 1 file to the usb stick :(  it was accidentally, I can't remember the name and I don't know if it's important.

I kinda messed it up. Time for plan B: reinstalling windows
But first I want to back up everything from my hard drive to an external hard drive on usb.

How can I transfer files from a Hard drive to an external usb hard drive?
m
l
a c 354 $ Windows 7
September 14, 2012 6:49:26 PM

Just copy them over. You'll need to use a second computer for that though, or a Linux Live CD, that would boot the computer and you can copy the files that way.
m
l
!