Michael S. Phillips, your IF Comp prize is finally ready

Hi, all--

It's been years now since I list posted to rec.games.if or rec.arts.if.
In that time, I've been busy with a whole host of non-IF related
projects.

One of them is my first book (or, more precisely, my first published
book): The Government Manual for New Superheroes. As the title
suggests, it's a helpful reference work that explains how to recruit a
wisecracking teenage orphan for a sidekick, find an archnemesis, and
build your secret headquarters without running afoul of zoning
regulations. It just arrived in bookstores a week or two

I am reappearing here and mentioning this because, way back in the dark
ages of 1995, I donated a prize to the the First Annual Iffys,
consisting of "an autographed copy of my first novel, if and when it's
published." It ended up being claimed by Michael S. Phillips, who won
4th place in the competition for his game All Quiet on the Library
Front. Since it seems fairly likely that I will never actually publish
a novel, I thought I'd offer Michael a copy of my first published book,
instead.

Unfortunately, I don't have any up-to-date addresses for Michael. The
two I have ( mike@lawlib.wm.edu, msphil@cs.wm.edu ) are both bouncing.
Does anybody know how I can get in touch with him?

Best wishes,
Jacob

jacobw wrote:

> Unfortunately, I don't have any up-to-date addresses for Michael. The
> two I have ( mike@lawlib.wm.edu, msphil@cs.wm.edu ) are both bouncing.
> Does anybody know how I can get in touch with him?

Unfortunately, I'm not the same Michael Phillips, just in case anyone
remembered one of my posts a while back and was wondering why I didn't
pipe up.

Mike.

"Michael L Phillips" <auryx@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> jacobw wrote:
>

>> Unfortunately, I don't have any up-to-date addresses for Michael. The
>> two I have ( mike@lawlib.wm.edu, msphil@cs.wm.edu ) are both bouncing.
>> Does anybody know how I can get in touch with him?
>
> Unfortunately, I'm not the same Michael Phillips, just in case anyone
> remembered one of my posts a while back and was wondering why I didn't
> pipe up.

Me neither. I'm Michael Phillip S., And I first entered the Comp in 1999. I
don't remember winning anything, although if I did, I received it.

--- Mike.

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:19:15 -0700, jacobw wrote:

<snip>
> Unfortunately, I don't have any up-to-date addresses for Michael. The two
> I have ( mike@lawlib.wm.edu, msphil@cs.wm.edu ) are both bouncing. Does
> anybody know how I can get in touch with him?

I may have too much time on my hands. I did a bit of searching and it
appears he has a page here:

<http://www.widomaker.com/~msphil/>

There's an email address listed on the page and the account seems to have
been active in the last few months, so hopefully you'll be able to contact
him that way.

Hope this helps.

--
James Mitchelhill
james@disorderfeed.net

Thanks, James--I've just e-mailed him at that address, and it looks
promising.

Best wishes,
Jacob