internet explorer v6 freezes whole pc(Winxp o/s)

After installing a cd-burner recently my pc has problems when opening up
instances of internet explorer v6 on a winxp o/s. Have tried system restore
but no use the monitor freezes with unknown error and cannot access the
internet. Does anyone have any idea to a solution.
1 answer Last reply
More about internet explorer freezes winxp

    mark palmer - novice wrote:

    > After installing a cd-burner recently my pc has problems when opening
    > up instances of internet explorer v6 on a winxp o/s. Have tried system
    > restore but no use the monitor freezes with unknown error and cannot
    > access the internet. Does anyone have any idea to a solution.

    Since this started after you installed hardware, unplug the machine and
    open it up again. Check the jumpering on the new cd-burner. Reseat all
    cables and power supply connectors. Reseat your network adapter card.
    Make sure your power supply is hefty enough to handle all the devices
    in your machine - normally just adding a cd-rw drive wouldn't matter
    much to your psu, but you didn't give us any hardware specs.

    Did you install any third-party software that came with the cd-rw? After
    you do the hardware t-shooting as above, try uninstalling the software.
    As in all t-shooting, make one change at a time and test after each
    change.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

Internet Explorer Microsoft System Restore Windows XP