Peer to peer networking!

July 13, 2005 9:37:05 AM

I have three WinXP workstations SP2 all connected through a router file and
print sharing enabled. One pc was old so I replaced it with a new Dell winXP
sp2 machine. Two of the pc's connect fine but the one pc which is the main
pc is intermittant and when it is able to connect the connection is very
slow. I check the event logs and it gave me errors regarding master browsers
so I set in the registry for the two machines to not browse and the main pc
to be the master. Same results. I now don't receive errors in the event
viewer and still very slow connection speed for just the one pc! Anyone else
getting this problem?

Thanks for any help!

JB

More about : peer peer networking

Anonymous
July 13, 2005 7:03:49 PM

Check with each SP2 PC and test by turning off the firewall. SP2 by default
wants the "firewall" started.

!