Peer to peer networking!

I have three WinXP workstations SP2 all connected through a router file and
print sharing enabled. One pc was old so I replaced it with a new Dell winXP
sp2 machine. Two of the pc's connect fine but the one pc which is the main
pc is intermittant and when it is able to connect the connection is very
slow. I check the event logs and it gave me errors regarding master browsers
so I set in the registry for the two machines to not browse and the main pc
to be the master. Same results. I now don't receive errors in the event
viewer and still very slow connection speed for just the one pc! Anyone else
getting this problem?

Thanks for any help!

JB
1 answer Last reply
More about peer peer networking

    Check with each SP2 PC and test by turning off the firewall. SP2 by default
    wants the "firewall" started.

    "jb" <jb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have three WinXP workstations SP2 all connected through a router file and
    > print sharing enabled. One pc was old so I replaced it with a new Dell
    > winXP
    > sp2 machine. Two of the pc's connect fine but the one pc which is the
    > main
    > pc is intermittant and when it is able to connect the connection is very
    > slow. I check the event logs and it gave me errors regarding master
    > browsers
    > so I set in the registry for the two machines to not browse and the main
    > pc
    > to be the master. Same results. I now don't receive errors in the event
    > viewer and still very slow connection speed for just the one pc! Anyone
    > else
    > getting this problem?
    >
    > Thanks for any help!
    >
    > JB