?? Computer vs. "Live" Play: Rare Hands

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

Dear NewsGrouppers!

I am playing "Four Winds", CO rules. Have played more than 500 hands
so far.

Recently, I had a chance to get self-drawn "13 Orphants" (88 pts.).
Twenty hands ago the other "player" had "ALL Green" cmbination
(another 88 pts.).

So far, nothing is wrong. Those high-scored hands are possible though
they considered to be rare.

Q U E S T I O N
(For those player who play both "live" and against computer)

Could you please compare your "feelings", or better some statistics
regarding FREQUENCIES of rare high-scoring in "live" vs. "computer"
play ??

Best Regards,
Vitaly Novikov

Combo wrote:

> Could you please compare your "feelings", or better some statistics
> regarding FREQUENCIES of rare high-scoring in "live" vs. "computer"
> play ??

Video games are usually modified to make them more exciting and those
rare hands occur a lot. This is especially true with Japanese arcade
games I've tried. Computer opponents come up with fantastics hands all
the time.

I don't "feel" this is the case with Four Winds Mah-Jong. Because it can
be used with many different sets of rules, I think the conceptors didn't
bother to "tweaked" it. Tiles are truly randomly selected and the play
is fare to the real game. I didn't witnessed more rare hands in Four
Winds than in real life.

Have a nice day.
Nath