Sign in with
Your question

No boot on dell dimensions e310

Last response: in Computer Brands
July 14, 2007 8:59:27 PM

Hi, I am having a problem with my dell e310 dimensions system.
whenever i turn on the system it gives many beeps and obviously does not complete POST. It basically does not boot. this system is rarely used and the problem arose suddenly with no hardware or bios changes. what is the problem.

Pls help.
July 14, 2007 9:44:51 PM

schumi_thelegend said:
Hi, I am having a problem with my dell e310 dimensions system.
whenever i turn on the system it gives many beeps and obviously does not complete POST. It basically does not boot. this system is rarely used and the problem arose suddenly with no hardware or bios changes. what is the problem.

Pls help.

One single beep signifies a proper boot, not 'many beeps'. The problem could be any number of things. If the computer has been in storage for a long time, the battery may have died. You might start try resetting the CMOS jumper. Be sure to remove the battery and unplug the PSU when you reset the jumper.

http://bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm
July 15, 2007 9:02:03 AM

the system WAS in storage for quite a long time.but it worked twice or thrice b4 suddenly giving this problem. can it be a RAM problem???
July 15, 2007 3:04:20 PM

it gives 1,then 3, then 3 beeps. this means some trouble with the video card (according to the above mentioned link). but the dim E310 has an on board graphic adapter. how do i fix it then???
!