The Office Update site is currently experiencing some technical difficulties
and is unable to check for updates.

Click the Try Again link below to try loading the site again (do not use the
Refresh button on your browser to reload the site).

If problems persist, please contact Microsoft Support for assistance. You
can also search for Office updates in the Download Catalog.

I began getting this message yesterday. Is there a problem on the site or
is it my computer?
--
Fred Jacobowitz

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Fred Jacobowitz wrote:

> The Office Update site is currently experiencing some technical difficulties
> and is unable to check for updates.
>
> Click the Try Again link below to try loading the site again (do not use the
> Refresh button on your browser to reload the site).
>
> If problems persist, please contact Microsoft Support for assistance. You
> can also search for Office updates in the Download Catalog.
>
> I began getting this message yesterday. Is there a problem on the site or
> is it my computer?

You might want to ask in the Office update newsgroup. Here is a list of
all MS public newsgroups: http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Yes it is working now. But I came across Microsoft Update as opposed to
windows update that appears to be cover both windows updates and office
updates. Is Microsoft Update relatively new?
Fred Jacobowitz

Yes

some support

"Fred Jacobowitz" <Oakleigh@OptOnline.Net> wrote in message
| Yes it is working now. But I came across Microsoft Update
as opposed to
| windows update that appears to be cover both windows
updates and office
| updates. Is Microsoft Update relatively new?
| Fred Jacobowitz

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Fred Jacobowitz wrote:

> Yes it is working now. But I came across Microsoft Update as opposed to
> windows update that appears to be cover both windows updates and office
> updates. Is Microsoft Update relatively new?
> Fred Jacobowitz

Yes

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Fred Jacobowitz" <Oakleigh@OptOnline.Net> wrote in message
> Yes it is working now. But I came across Microsoft Update as opposed to
> windows update that appears to be cover both windows updates and office
> updates. Is Microsoft Update relatively new?
> Fred Jacobowitz

Yes it is relatively new. The Office sections works for Office 2003 and I
think Office XP. You need the Office Update for Office 2000. Microsoft
appears to be planning, hopeful etc to add updates for other Microsoft
applications.

I used it Jul 12 to obtain updates for both Windows XP and Office 2003.

Don

Yes, Microsoft Update (MU; http://update.microsoft.com/) had a "soft launch"
in early Jun-05.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Fred Jacobowitz wrote:
> Yes it is working now. But I came across Microsoft Update as opposed to
> windows update that appears to be cover both windows updates and office
> updates. Is Microsoft Update relatively new?
> Fred Jacobowitz

I have just checked,it's working just fine.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Fred Jacobowitz wrote:
> The Office Update site is currently experiencing some technical difficulties
> and is unable to check for updates.
>
> Click the Try Again link below to try loading the site again (do not use the
> Refresh button on your browser to reload the site).
>
> If problems persist, please contact Microsoft Support for assistance. You
> can also search for Office updates in the Download Catalog.
>
> I began getting this message yesterday. Is there a problem on the site or
> is it my computer?

Yes,it's relatively new.
http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/45881/45881.html?Ad=1
(though it's a relatively old article)