Anyone know of any 10-bit panels?

BigCharb

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
hey, ive noticed that the LCDs from DELL are 8bit LCDs. My grafic card can display 10-bit, so i want to up grade. also because my present monitor is a CRT 17" :cry: anyone know where to buy or who makes a 10-bit LCD?

Eizo makes monitors that has 10-bit gamma correction. There are no "True" 10-bit LCD monitors. 10-bit gamma correction ensures smooth, accurate color tones by converting the 8-bit PC data to 10-bit, assigning the ideal gamma values, then returning the data to 8- bit format for display. They even have a monitor that can do 14-Bit color processing.

Eizo's monitors are not really for gaming, they are really geared towards the graphics professional which is reflected in the price tag.

Here's a link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&Subcategory=20&description=&Ntk=&srchInDesc=

BigCharb

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
to figure out how many "bits" an LCD has, look at the amount of colours it can produce. 8-bit is 16.sumthing million colours. A 10 bit panel can do 1 billion. there are few GFX cards that can produce that many coulour, i have one of them; a 1950pro. if i get a new LCD i want to get the most of my card while i'm gaming or on the fourms. if i get a 10 bit LCD my grafic card will be juiced 100% of the time. thanks jag for the recomendation but i think i can wait till DELL or Sammy comes out with one; after seeing those specs i'm counting my blessings :D

BigCharb

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
to figure out how many "bits" an LCD has, look at the amount of colours it can produce. 8-bit is 16.sumthing million colours. A 10 bit panel can do 1 billion. there are few GFX cards that can produce that many coulour, i have one of them; a 1950pro. if i get a new LCD i want to get the most of my card while i'm gaming or on the fourms. if i get a 10 bit LCD my grafic card will be juiced 100% of the time. thanks jag for the recomendation but i think i can wait till DELL or Sammy comes out with one; after seeing those specs i'm counting my blessings :D