Offline Files - Can I specify where they are kept ?

I'd like to synchronise my laptop and desktop documents and files by using
the offline files facility in Windows XP (tried Briefcase but it was too
unreliable and cumbersome). When I tried it I found that windows puts ALL
the offline files in c:\windows\csc (I think it was CSC), and the user
accesses the files through the network even when offline (ie windows
pretends the network is online). Is there any way to specify where the
actual offline files should be kept ? My C drive is only 15GB and fills up
when I try to sync to my desktop - if I could keep them on my laptop's D:
partition instead, it would work.

Cheers

Blewyn
1 answer Last reply
More about offline files

    See:
    http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/20698b7b1b140543

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Blewyn" <blewyn@nospamthanks.com> wrote in message
    > I'd like to synchronise my laptop and desktop documents and files by using
    > the offline files facility in Windows XP (tried Briefcase but it was too
    > unreliable and cumbersome). When I tried it I found that windows puts ALL
    > the offline files in c:\windows\csc (I think it was CSC), and the user
    > accesses the files through the network even when offline (ie windows
    > pretends the network is online). Is there any way to specify where the
    > actual offline files should be kept ? My C drive is only 15GB and fills up
    > when I try to sync to my desktop - if I could keep them on my laptop's D:
    > partition instead, it would work.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Blewyn

Windows XP