Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?
> I have recently reformatted my pc, and my sound seems to be not
> installed, do i need to download a certain file from the internet?
> because i remember having a file called something like: "AC'Audio 97"
> Lol, help would be mostly apreaciated, thanks.
You will need to install the drivers for your sound. Get the drivers
1. the OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
computer like Dell, HP, Sony, etc.; or
2. the motherboard mftr.'s website for your specific motherboard; or
3. if you received a driver cd with the computer, use that.
To determine what hardware you have in the machine:
1. look at any manual that came with your computer; or
2. go to the OEM's website for your specific computer if you have an OEM
3. install the free Everest Home Edition software which will inventory
Elephant Boy Computers
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User