Installing Sound Device?

July 13, 2005 12:53:45 PM

I have recently reformatted my pc, and my sound seems to be not installed, do
i need to download a certain file from the internet? because i remember
having a file called something like: "AC'Audio 97"

Lol, help would be mostly apreaciated, thanks.
July 13, 2005 1:29:25 PM

Taz wrote:

> I have recently reformatted my pc, and my sound seems to be not
> installed, do i need to download a certain file from the internet?
> because i remember having a file called something like: "AC'Audio 97"
>
> Lol, help would be mostly apreaciated, thanks.

You will need to install the drivers for your sound. Get the drivers
from:

1. the OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
computer like Dell, HP, Sony, etc.; or
2. the motherboard mftr.'s website for your specific motherboard; or
3. if you received a driver cd with the computer, use that.

To determine what hardware you have in the machine:

1. look at any manual that came with your computer; or
2. go to the OEM's website for your specific computer if you have an OEM
machine; or
3. install the free Everest Home Edition software which will inventory
your hardware:
http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

In article <A0D7F013-A987-4510-9173-EFE22B04CD92@microsoft.com>,
Taz@discussions.microsoft.com, =?Utf-8?B?VGF6?= says...

> I have recently reformatted my pc, and my sound seems to be not installed, do
> i need to download a certain file from the internet? because i remember
> having a file called something like: "AC'Audio 97"
>
> Lol, help would be mostly apreaciated, thanks.

That's odd, XP should have installed that, very basic sound
drivers.......Did you have it search for the driver? Right click it in
the device manager and click re-install driver.........Providing of
course there is a yellow exclamation next to it. If it's installed than
maybe it's muted.
July 14, 2005 1:43:54 AM

You have to install the driver from your motherboard CD.Then visit the
manufacturer's website and download,install the latest update.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Taz wrote:

> I have recently reformatted my pc, and my sound seems to be not installed, do
> i need to download a certain file from the internet? because i remember
> having a file called something like: "AC'Audio 97"
>
> Lol, help would be mostly apreaciated, thanks.
February 13, 2009 7:05:22 PM

encounterd error massageC00D11BA while running windows media player
Anonymous
June 14, 2009 1:10:22 PM

TAZ said:

I have recently reformatted my pc, and my sound seems to be not installed, do
i need to download a certain file from the internet? because i remember
having a file called something like: "AC'Audio 97"

Lol, help would be mostly apreaciated, thanks.

Anonymous
September 8, 2009 5:22:50 PM

please
send sound device
Anonymous
October 6, 2009 6:00:01 AM

please send sound device
October 6, 2009 11:51:01 AM

This is a 4 year old thread. If you want audio drivers, we have to know what kind of hardware you have. Start your own thread, list your soundcard or motherboard model, and state that you are looking for audio drivers. This will get you more help.
Anonymous
November 3, 2009 12:17:50 PM

fxddfsfsdfs
Anonymous