Installing Sound Device?

TAZ

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2004

I have recently reformatted my pc, and my sound seems to be not installed, do
i need to download a certain file from the internet? because i remember
having a file called something like: "AC'Audio 97"

Lol, help would be mostly apreaciated, thanks.

Malke

Taz wrote:

> I have recently reformatted my pc, and my sound seems to be not
> installed, do i need to download a certain file from the internet?
> because i remember having a file called something like: "AC'Audio 97"
>
> Lol, help would be mostly apreaciated, thanks.

You will need to install the drivers for your sound. Get the drivers
from:

1. the OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
computer like Dell, HP, Sony, etc.; or
2. the motherboard mftr.'s website for your specific motherboard; or
3. if you received a driver cd with the computer, use that.

To determine what hardware you have in the machine:

1. look at any manual that came with your computer; or
2. go to the OEM's website for your specific computer if you have an OEM
machine; or
3. install the free Everest Home Edition software which will inventory
your hardware:
http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

bytor

In article <A0D7F013-A987-4510-9173-EFE22B04CD92@microsoft.com>,
Taz@discussions.microsoft.com, =?Utf-8?B?VGF6?= says...

> I have recently reformatted my pc, and my sound seems to be not installed, do
> i need to download a certain file from the internet? because i remember
> having a file called something like: "AC'Audio 97"
>
> Lol, help would be mostly apreaciated, thanks.

That's odd, XP should have installed that, very basic sound
drivers.......Did you have it search for the driver? Right click it in
the device manager and click re-install driver.........Providing of
course there is a yellow exclamation next to it. If it's installed than
maybe it's muted.

You have to install the driver from your motherboard CD.Then visit the
manufacturer's website and download,install the latest update.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Taz wrote:

> I have recently reformatted my pc, and my sound seems to be not installed, do
> i need to download a certain file from the internet? because i remember
> having a file called something like: "AC'Audio 97"
>
> Lol, help would be mostly apreaciated, thanks.

This is a 4 year old thread. If you want audio drivers, we have to know what kind of hardware you have. Start your own thread, list your soundcard or motherboard model, and state that you are looking for audio drivers. This will get you more help.

corz12 says: i kno im sick of it i have gone on cotrole panol and nothin email me at webster1@live.co.uk if u come up with a website or sumet please :ouch: ny :hello: