Limited Users Account

July 13, 2005 1:17:17 PM

I am using a limited account and would like to be able to use the date and
time,
but do not have permission. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get
permission
without having to use the admin account?

More about : limited users account

July 13, 2005 11:42:34 PM

systech wrote:
> I am using a limited account and would like to be able to use the date and
> time,
> but do not have permission. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get
> permission
> without having to use the admin account?

Hi systech

The way this works is thoroughly braindead. It should be possible to at
least _view_ the calendar, even if you don't have permission to change
the system time.

Anyway, to lift this restriction:

Open Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Local Security Policy

Expand Local Policies in the tree view and click User Rights Assignment.

Double-click "Change the system time" in the right pane and add the User
group to the whitelist.
!